help! 62 imperial fender tag decode

straightjob

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
hi just purchased a 62 imperial coupe it coming this week does anyone know how to decode the fender tag?

62 imp data plate.jpg

62 3.jpg

62 8.jpg

I do have a decoder developed and undergoing testing but have not done all my development work on '62 Imperials. I hope we can work together to close this gap. Attached Below is a preliminary report. Please ignore the decoding entries for Line 4 (from the top) on the report. You will note that Line 2 data is a partial duplication of the data on Line 6. I have several decodes that I'm firm on and a few others that are up in the air and subject to comparing what is on the car with the codes. Here is what your Line 4 looks like. Combo's of letter on Line 3 and numbers on Line 4 (Line 4 numbers are the last digits of the order codes): H2:422-Touch Tuner AM Radio with rear speaker and power antenna; K3: 453 Power Bench Seat; L4: A mystery-reference material shows no order code ending in 4--any unusual trim or accessory on the body? I've seen it on another Custom so may be something basic--like an outside RH rear view mirror ; P9:459: Power Vent Windows; Q1: 411-Air conditioner & heater; R1: Not sure-possibly 541-Front License Plate Frame. Code 4 available but is used on other Imps & Chryslers. T1: 521-Tinted Glass. No entry under the V may mean no power Windows 452 ???;Z5 may be the color of a Vinyl Top--black or white??? Please compare my prelim decodes to reality and let me know. This will be helpful. Shoot me the VIN to complete the report but it is not required for Body Data Plate decode. Standard equipment is generally not shown on the fender tag/body data plate. For the Entry level Custom, standard equipment includes as shown below. I look forward to your response. You might look for a PRODUCTION BROADCAST sheet--sometimes found tucked in behind the springs of a rear seat cushion. It would tell all.
THE IMPERIAL CUSTOM
Constant-Control Power Steering
Total-Contact Power Brakes
TorqueFlite Automatic Transmission with Push-Button Drive Selector
Padded Safety Steering Wheel
Safety Cushion Instrument Panel
Vanity Mirror
Outside Left Rearview Mirror
Tilt-Type Interior Rearview Mirror
Interior Lights, actuated by Front and Rear Doors
Map Light
Luggage Compartment Light
Back-Up Lights
Hand Brake Warning Signal
Step-On Parking Brake
Variable-Speed Electric Windshield Wipers
Windshield Washers
Electric Clock
Factory Undercoating
Hood Insulation Pad

62 Imp Custom-Prelim 5-8-24.jpg

I do have a decoder developed and undergoing testing but have not done all my development work on '62 Imperials. I hope we can work together to close this gap. Attached Below is a preliminary report. Please ignore the decoding entries for Line 4 (from the top) on the report. You will note that Line 2 data is a partial duplication of the data on Line 6. I have several decodes that I'm firm on and a few others that are up in the air and subject to comparing what is on the car with the codes. Here is what your Line 4 looks like. Combo's of letter on Line 3 and numbers on Line 4 (Line 4 numbers are the last digits of the order codes): H2:422-Touch Tuner AM Radio with rear speaker and power antenna; K3: 453 Power Bench Seat; L4: A mystery-reference material shows no order code ending in 4--any unusual trim or accessory on the body? I've seen it on another Custom so may be something basic--like an outside RH rear view mirror ; P9:459: Power Vent Windows; Q1: 411-Air conditioner & heater; R1: Not sure-possibly 541-Front License Plate Frame. Code 4 available but is used on other Imps & Chryslers. T1: 521-Tinted Glass. No entry under the V may mean no power Windows 452 ???;Z5 may be the color of a Vinyl Top--black or white??? Please compare my prelim decodes to reality and let me know. This will be helpful. Shoot me the VIN to complete the report but it is not required for Body Data Plate decode. Standard equipment is generally not shown on the fender tag/body data plate. For the Entry level Custom, standard equipment includes as shown below. I look forward to your response. You might look for a PRODUCTION BROADCAST sheet--sometimes found tucked in behind the springs of a rear seat cushion. It would tell all.
THE IMPERIAL CUSTOM
Constant-Control Power Steering
Total-Contact Power Brakes
TorqueFlite Automatic Transmission with Push-Button Drive Selector
Padded Safety Steering Wheel
Safety Cushion Instrument Panel
Vanity Mirror
Outside Left Rearview Mirror
Tilt-Type Interior Rearview Mirror
Interior Lights, actuated by Front and Rear Doors
Map Light
Luggage Compartment Light
Back-Up Lights
Hand Brake Warning Signal
Step-On Parking Brake
Variable-Speed Electric Windshield Wipers
Windshield Washers
Electric Clock
Factory Undercoating
Hood Insulation Pad

View attachment 659902
Wow thanks so much! the VIN is 9123130857 thanks again!

62 8.jpg

Back