Help me control my urges!

hotdog647

Reaction score
So I was about to leave the country for 3 weeks when I bought this car and arranged to have it shipped home while I was gone. It's a really clean 66 New Yorker. Rides like a dream and runs like a bat out of hell. Besides the atrocious wheels, only 2 problems so far: 2 electric windows don't work and it wasn't an A/C car. Besides all the routine rubber, lube, checks, and clean up, those problems will be addressed soon. Florida is too hot in summer without A/C.

get-attachment.jpg

get-attachment.jpg

Sweet. More pics please?

Will post some pics after clean up. Very dusty inside. The vinyl will never be white again unless someone can give me a secret formula or product to use. Somehow being gone doesn't mean not having 3 weeks less work- it's still there when I got back.

Nice car Hotdog! Was the car an original A/C car or are you going aftermarket with an underdash unit? They are fairly cheap and they sell brackets to mount a compressor to the engine or you may be able to find a used setup. As for cleaning up that vinyl, I've found that using a product called Tuff Stuff ( sold at Walmart and many auto parts stores) works great for cleaning vinyl. It sprays on like a foam,let it sit for a few minutes but don't let it dry up. Agitate the surface with a fine nylon brush and use an old toothbrush for tight areas,then wipe the area down with a damp towel and warm/hot water.It'll clean up like new,that stuff works great and it's not that expensive either.

Non-A/C car so will go after market. Will have Monday off to try some tuff Stuff-just seems like acres of vinyl. Doug

Back