Hub caps or not??

67nykr

Reaction score
I took of my hub caps and painted the wheels, scored some left hand thread chrome acorn nuts (along with some right hand thread nuts) end result.....

DSC06521.JPG

DSC06535.JPG

DSC08088.JPG

DSC08090.JPG

DSC08092.JPG

Forgot to mention, some new tires also. Got rid of the white walls and went for some white letters.

The RWL makes for a no wheel cover situation.... perhaps some hubcaps .. in the likeness of @commando1 's Bittersweet. However, (just me) I'd stick with the white walls and covers.

Not that it matters much, that car is f***in gorgeous no matter how you slice it.

Forgot to mention, some new tires also. Got rid of the white walls and went for some white letters.

Sorry to tell you I think it looks much more elegant with OEM wheel covers. This was never designed to be a muscle car.

The first pictures, with the former white walls and wheel covers, to me, looks fantastic. Beautiful car!

With those two items changed, it looks more to me like somebody's going to take it to the demolition derby. YIKES!

Factory hub caps would be better than no caps at all! At least that way, it could be said the owner was too much of a cheap skate to opt for white wall tires and wheel covers when the car was ordered new (both of which were probably std on a NY, back then).

Might be a generational thing as NYs were always upscale and when new, back then, they all had whitewalls and wheel covers to complete that upscale orientation. That's the way I'm used to seeing them. Be that as it may.

CBODY67

I really like that 67 New Yorker, a real beauty. I myself, like the full wheel covers better, but the black wheels give it a sportier look. Nice thing is if you get tired of this look, you can pop those full wheel covers back on.

Think it looks great either way. Nice car!

Did all hubcap Chryslers come with black steel wheels or were some of the C Body steel wheels painted the body color?

Back