For Sale "I know what i have so..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a diverse bunch. Some want totally original C bodies to be left alone. Others depending on age see things differently.
Look at the big picture, a 67' GTX weighs 3545 Lbs. The decked out Fury weighs 3675 with the big block. Smoother car, more room, and style. I'm presently looking for a nice 66' hardtop for that reason. if I want an original A/C cruiser, I drive the Polara. C body hardtops are great cars, and I see their value going up as time goes by. I say get the nicest one first, so you don't have to buy a clunker later.

I agree...I'm saving my money now but it will be another 12 months before I have decent monies to get a decent car. I'm an "a" body guy but I'm liking some of the "C" bodies like the fury and polara. A car like this fury would peak my interest for sure. I'm looking for something original for the most part. No tubbed out caged dragsters for me lol and no ac and manual brakes don't bother me.

I agree...I'm saving my money now but it will be another 12 months before I have decent monies to get a decent car. I'm an "a" body guy but I'm liking some of the "C" bodies like the fury and polara. A car like this fury would peak my interest for sure. I'm looking for something original for the most part. No tubbed out caged dragsters for me lol and no ac and manual brakes don't bother me.
Tustin is a pretty place, and you don't need A/C most of the time there. Some guys actually stock car raced Fury's in the 70's. They were stable, lighter, and tough as well.

All one needs to do is study the C body market for cars that have sold, not asking prices. This Fury is a nice $3500.00 car. Do whats needed to fix it and drive it.

Pay 5K for this car ......? another 5K for a big motor and all the crap that goes along with it ..... and you still have a $3500.00 car.

Welcome to the world of C bodys.

Those cars don't look good slammed...

but he does slam one mean wagon don't you think?

RF_01.jpg

We are a diverse bunch. Some want totally original C bodies to be left alone. Others depending on age see things differently.
Look at the big picture, a 67' GTX weighs 3545 Lbs. The decked out Fury weighs 3675 with the big block. Smoother car, more room, and style. I'm presently looking for a nice 66' hardtop for that reason. if I want an original A/C cruiser, I drive the Polara. C body hardtops are great cars, and I see their value going up as time goes by. I say get the nicest one first, so you don't have to buy a clunker later.

Funny, as I think mine is almost at it's peak right now and in twenty years will be pretty much worthless.

Funny, as I think mine is almost at it's peak right now and in twenty years will be pretty much worthless.

In twenty years all these cars will just be museum pieces. Fuel to operate them will be unobtainable, interest in them will be limited to "a curiosity" to the current "smart phone, texting, whats in for me" crowd. Parts, maintanence and insurance will be very restrictive. Not to mention the "green" factor regulations sure to be in place then.

Best thing ...... Don't pay a lot, you won't get much when selling. Drive it & enjoy it while you can.

in twenty years the tech will be there to switch these puppys to electric..add a sound system to mimic engine like audi dose and its off to the races again...will always be someone moddin..imagine a 1971 fury GT hover car with skirts :O)..never say die

in twenty years the tech will be there to switch these puppys to electric..add a sound system to mimic engine like audi dose and its off to the races again...will always be someone moddin..imagine a 1971 fury GT hover car with skirts :O)..never say die

Like "Back to the Future" much?

My intentions are to buy a car and keep it for as long as I can and hopefully pass it on to my daughters.

I say pay what you are comfortable and make it your decision. I prolly have 15+K in my 68 300 and I know to finish the body I have another 10+ to go. This is all in a car probably worth 12k when finished. However I could care less as 1) I have the means to pay for it and 2) I am the 3rd generation to own this car in my family. The car to me is priceless. Its cool you want something to pass down. My grandfather is in his 90s and all he really talks about is how the old bigred is back on the road and how good it looks. I think too many people on here get caught up in the value. Just love them for what they are, if one speaks to you and the price doesnt take food off the table go for it! I get alot of bang for my buck at cruise nights. People ALWAYS want to see my 300 and ask questions. I had a guy with a new 458 tell me he'd never park next to me again because no one even looked at his 400K car they were more interested in the 5000lb tank next to him!

The only thing that car would need IMHO is a set of xeaon headlights.... Stan.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back