If I may...

GJS

Reaction score
If I could just be an over opinionated jerk for a sec; in what dimension is this much lumber required to build a WINE RACK, does that dimension exist in my cellar and just how much stronger is the gravitational pull there?
My whole basement (which is to be my shop) was filled with these. This was just ONE unit. Taken together, I could have built four 10’ x 25’ decks about 8’ in the air with the materials used to creat these shelves.
Drinkin’ I get, but put the bottle down, grab a pencil and some paper and draw up something nice. At least then, once it’s built you can feel an ounce of pride just before you drink yourself silly and pass out near it.
40C098CC-525F-44CC-94A9-D4902EF04D1B.jpeg

Look at the bright side - his wine-soaked obsessive over-engineering provided materials for lots of custom shelving. :thumbsup:

2x6’s must have been on sale when he enrolled in the case a month wine club.

Look at the bright side - his wine-soaked obsessive over-engineering provided materials for lots of custom shelving. :thumbsup:
Unfortunately, it’s less wine soaked n more mouse piss soaked.... nice bonfire tonight though!

2x6’s must have been on sale when he enrolled in the case a month wine club.
Funny, I think it actually was a deck at one point. Thankfully not a pressure treated one so I can burn what’s left of it.
Either way, now that it’s gone I have a new warm home for my tractor so she can retire in style, only to be driven at town fairs and for rides for the kiddos.
3745B336-E2E5-40F9-98C2-2A4C218FA2B6.jpeg

:stop::stop::stop:

Egads, may as well drink the piss that's left in the boards. Yeck.

If I may..

Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

It is literally fall in a bottle. I buy as much of it as I can when I find it which isn't much.

But my current day 2 day beer goes great with bonfires.
Born Yesterday Pale Ale | Lagunitas Brewing Company

:thumbsup:
Sadly I was forced to give up the hooch a while back due to the Diabeetus. Lo through my illustrious drinking career, I was none too picky. Generally, if it went down quick and I only noticed I was drunk roughly 12 in (allowing for at least 12 more) and the hangover was not too bad, I was into it.
These days, pretty much only on holidays I’ll tip one. My latest love being:
About Our Beers
Namely the kolsch. Just enough hop to warm ye but light enough to remain refreshing.
Still, if I were allowed a piss up it’d be High Life or Gansette (when camping)
God I miss beer.

EFD9BD09-C419-46F5-BDA6-48FE29B0736F.jpeg
Nice tractor!
Thanks! That was my Paternal Granfather’s rig. My father picked up the pieces in 98 after a dirtbag tenant of my grandmother’s blew the piston, took it apart, stole the hydraulic pump, spread the implements around the back yard and split.
My dad didn’t get too far with it not believing in his mechanical abilities too much (the above photo is how I found it in 2012) so I did the engine, the transmission, the brakes, the rear end and all the paint and sheet metal as a father’s day present in 2012.
Now it just kinda collects mice and moisture in their basement which kinda stinks but I’ll get her cleaned up... pull some stumps..

Is that one of those tractors from the ads in the back of Popular Science? The name of it escapes me now.

Kevin
Most likely. It’s a 1959 Country Squire which was made by a company called Economy Tractors... they made Power King, Country Squire and Jim Dandy tractors.

I got it and my Grandfather’s 54 ShopSmith MK5 and restored both... he liked that all in one tool sorta stuff. The tractor has a belly mower and a plow blade but it used to have a disc harrow, a 1 blade plow and a sickle bar mower, all of which we’re stolen... I hope that person found them useful(?).

My father in law has a Power King.
Power Kings were the top of the pops for Economy. I know a guy that has four of em... won’t give up one Hydraulic pump to me. I don’t actually care as the implemts are rather light but I have all the cylinders... c’mon bro!

Back