Ignition switch w/tilt and telescopic

scorp

Reaction score
I need an ignition switch but have tilt and telescopic. Thing is all I can find is replacements for w/o these options. I am guessing the difference is harness length. I ordered the switch locally from Lordco and going to see what the issue is. Thanks for any input.

Year, Make, Model?..... The difference is not only the length, but the ''harness'' as well.

I'm not 100% on a '72, but on a ''Formal'' the ignition switch is inside the column behind the lock cylinder on a non-tilt column. On a tilt column the switch is mounted on the outside of the column down near the brake pedal, and is operated by a rod attached to the lock cylinder. The harness is set up for non-tilt. The connectors for a tilt and non- tilt column ARE different. The factory used a ''jumper'' harness to connect a tilt column to the non-tilt wiring.

AZ pn. LS420 ignition switch. That number is for a Formal. Maybe it will work for your Fusie.

I am pulling everything apart tomorrow when I get a chance. I will also take some pics for future reference for other people.

It is the rod style ignition. Now it is time to find a replacement since the parts places here say they do not exist

AZ pn. LS420 ignition switch. That number is for a Formal. Maybe it will work for your Fusie.

That one does look right. I just ordered it and should have it tonight to try it out.

LS420 is wrong for mine. Completely different pin out.

Any help is better than no help. Thanks. Looks like I am doing a toggle switch panel and a push start button. Also have the damn hazards lights stuck on and there isn't even a switch in the column. I have to unplug the column harness when I park.

Found a part number for it but it has been obsolete for 5 years. Niehoff AL138A. If anyone can find it I would be in debt to you haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MOPAR-1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c8cd715e&vxp=mtr

NOS MOPAR 1970-4 IGNITION SWITCH WITH TILT WHEEL

wbxeua.jpg

NEW OLD STOCK switch & harness P/n 2947719. This is the steering column mounted ignition switch and wiring harness for ALL the following models WITH TILT STEERING

Also...............

http://www.bradsnosparts.com/inventory/partDetails.asp?pid=15470992&startNumb=2947719&psize=

header.jpg

Product Number:2947719
Product Description:SW,IGN & START
Product Application:70-74 P,D,C,Y W/TILT/TEL
Product Price:$129.00

Last edited:
Yep that is exactly it. I may of found a wreckers here that mainly carries classic cars and I heard they have a 74 Monaco so hopefully it have tilt and I can get it. At least with the links you posted though I know I can get one easily...... for a price.

Thanks again for all the help you have been Commando

Still haven't got a switch yet since the car is parked for winter BUT I did find a cheaper switch maybe. 1969 Firebird ignition switch looks to be identical. Found it for half the price of the "mopar" switch.

It appears the metal housing will just have to be swapped over.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back