Interior paint colors

I found actual dealer paint chips for my 67 Newport on E-Bay as well interior color pages. The FSM manuals as well which paint/interior combinations that could be ordered. I also found a complete reprint set of factory assembly manuals. Car color and trim codes are on the metal fender tag that also shows the options from the factory. AS for the paint on the lower dash I am going to take the metal cover from under the steering column and have it matched. We have a body shop supplier here that specializes in classic cars that can do this for me. Going by the original formula used in the 60's may not work as paint bases, tints, thinners etc are completely different today from what was used back then. All you need is a piece that was not exposed to sunlight etc and the laser color matching will be spot on. Much cheaper to by a can and spray it with an airbrush than a spray rattle can but any good auto paint supplier can do this for you.
Most of the chemicals in the old single component paints where discontinued because of environmental considerations. I need to replace my five gallon pail of carb cleaner that I've had since the 80's but the stuff you get today nowhere near as good.

I also sent in the trim code to SMS Auto Fabrics and they sent a free sample of the original interior vinyl and carpet with photos of the original door panels and seats. I really neede to see the carpet samples as someone had changed from the blue loop it originally had to a really ugly teal green plush. They also glued it to the back of the seats, armrests and sun visors. YUCK!

Some good info on documentation, thanks. Also, on carb cleaner, I am sick. I used to dip aluminum parts and they could actually be cleaned. On this car, I got some name brand stuff, and it did NOTHING to clean my disassembled AFB. WTH is going on today.

The new stuff is just useless. Calling it a cleaner is just an outright lie. I used to go through a five gallon bucket about every two months, but that was when I was doing two or three carbs a day. After just a couple hours soaking they were ready to go and spotless. When it got kinda thick I would then use it for stripping paint off of parts and cleaning bolts. What I have left is very thick and takes about four hours to clean a carb.

Any idea how to find paint for the metal tops of the Imperial (67) interior door panel? It appears to be a dark blue metalic. I looked through the various interior color charts and don't see a reference.

20231124_165505.jpg

Back