just wondering, any police package fuselage plymouths on here? NJSP?

A38E86D32

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if there were any police package fury owners here, 69-73'? Any NJSP cars? I have a 71' plymouth fury 3 NJSP and know of Tony's 73' NJSP Fury.

1969 Fury pursuit special, two door formal with a 440. Its also a base model Fury I. Belongs to another member on here.
a582bd71-0fc8-427c-a0dd-0459b76729d5.jpg

I have it locked away in storage but i can see what I have and what I can do, it is all original and unmolested, parked after service with the local sheriff in 1976 and has not seen the road since, very rusty too.
I'd love a whole pile of photo's of it Wollfen, anything you could provide would be great!

1969 Fury pursuit special, two door formal with a 440. Its also a base model Fury I. Belongs to another member on here.
View attachment 73179

I have it locked away in storage but i can see what I have and what I can do, it is all original and unmolested, parked after service with the local sheriff in 1976 and has not seen the road since, very rusty too.
Looking forward to seeing this one come back to life!

Just wanted to see if there were any police package fury owners here, 69-73'? Any NJSP cars? I have a 71' plymouth fury 3 NJSP and know of Tony's 73' NJSP Fury.

Here's mine,...

1969 Fury I Pursuit, 440 Pursuit Commando, two door post! Numbers matching etc.,.Former VSP. Handles well at 130 MPH!!!
Fury Pursiut.jpg
Fury Pursuit 1969.jpg

Last edited:
1970 Ply Fury 1, MT State patrol, warranty U code 440, white
1970 Ply Fury 1 OR State patrol, original U code 440, white
1970 Ply Fury 2 ND City Police, T code 440 missing, black and white
1970 Ply Fury 2 FBI? original U code 440, blue
1970 Ply Fury 2 Mt State Patrol, original U 440 code blown, white
1970 Ply Fury 2 ND county sheriff, 318, burnt tan metallic

The first two belong to someone else, but were on my computer. I figure everyone interested in these would like to see them. I'd love to know the tire size on it. The last is my backyard backlot barn find beauty, lol.

My dad owned a 72' fury 3 NJMV scale car. It was a brown 4 door, with no back seat (for the truck scales). It was MV109.

Sweet! My dad LOVED his old 440...his exact words were "that thing ran like a mfer" lol
His was a 71' police pursuit special 440, 370HP

I grew up listening to tire boiling, motor mount breaking, chasing down the perp stories from my Dad, a retired detective. He had an interesting career, guarded Martin Luther King, John Wayne and a few others. His favorite was the 440 cars, used for radar. All slick tops. In the book about police cars by Edwin Sanow & John Bellah they talk about the Louisville police cars on page 9, but mention only thrifty versions, but there was more. Later on the force had a Buick Grand National, Camaros and a few Mustangs. My favorite has always been the Mopars however.

It's beginning was a marked West Trenton NJSP unit. Somewhere early in its life it had it's roofrack and spotlight removed and it was resprayed all black (looks like an earl shibe job). It was originally B&W.
I suppose after it's respray it was given to a Leutenant. It then became the Leutenant's POV.
My dad bought it in 73' from Kardon chevrolet and owned it till 87'. Then he gave it to my grandfather. My grandfather sold it in 88' to the guy i bought it from.

Back