Lack of notifications

cuda hunter

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I notice this more on the c body site than on the e, a or even the b body sites.

I log in after work and look at the todays posts and there will almost always be 2 or 3 threads that I have posted in that have posts and I get no notification for. Do I have to be active on every 3rd page or something to get notifications that the thread has been posted in again?
There are a lot of threads that I miss out on due to this lack of notifications.

What's the deal?

There's a "Watch" button above the thread on right side of the screen. Ignore thread / Jump to new / Watch

If you hit Watch, you can just be informed by an alert I guess or by email when new posts are made or both. There might not be a way to automatically Watch a thread when you post to it - if that's what you want?

its a little complicated - but you have to be active in the thread to continue to be notified

its a little complicated - but you have to be active in the thread to continue to be notified
I've noticed similar issues, threads I'm watching aren't generating notifications like the majority of my watched threads. I've gotten used to checking the Watched Threqda tab occasionally.

Ok, I will try tapping the watch button and hopefully that works.

Active on a thread? Sometimes I'm active a day or two before the last post and I'm not getting notifications.

I was active last Tuesday. Post #5.

The Watch button has been clicked and it is replaced with an "unwatch" button now.

I received no notification that this thread was advanced twice.

What else have I missed, I wonder.

@Joeychgo
Does "complicated" mean, "doesn't work properly"?

I’m watching this thread because this is a problem for me too. The whole point of watching is to be notified, so having to post seems to defeat the purpose. Or am I misreading?

Ok. Can you explain some of the various conditions so that I can make them work to give me notifications to threads I have been involved in?
I see that if I "like" the latest post that I suddenly get notifications again. How long does that last? How often do I have to "like" some ones post so that I can get notifications to the thread again?

1712248577271.png

Ok. Can you explain some of the various conditions so that I can make them work to give me notifications to threads I have been involved in?
I see that if I "like" the latest post that I suddenly get notifications again. How long does that last? How often do I have to "like" some ones post so that I can get notifications to the thread again?

generally, if you dont interact with the thread you wont get more notifications for it.

I posted on Tuesday and have received no notifications after 4 replies to this thread.
I'm active on it. I've watched it.
It won't notify me that it was posted in.

I posted yesterday and did not receive notifications about two posts today.
This problem isn't isolated to Old threads that I have not posted in.
It is widespread.

In the alert tab up on the top right corner next to the search bar.
I received an alert (a number in red) that this thread had a post as well as a few other threads.

Only some. I will get alerts from the same day of other threads that I don't get alerts for.
Of course, the older threads I don't get alerts for so I just go on and like, thanks or agree and I get those alerts to start popping up again.
But I only get maybe 2/3rds of the recent threads that I post in

Only some. I will get alerts from the same day of other threads that I don't get alerts for.
Of course, the older threads I don't get alerts for so I just go on and like, thanks or agree and I get those alerts to start popping up again.
But I only get maybe 2/3rds of the recent threads that I post in

but your getting alerts for this thread?

Back