Lowering question

I lowered my car 2" with the torsion bars.
Ive hit the pieces of inner fender that hang down, no issue but bend them back. If I werent lazy I could cut them off.
The cross over part of the exhuast is the part you have to worry about if you keep a single pipe that is. The muffler shop ovaled mine until it tucked behind the engine cradle.
I bought a small dynamax muffler that tucked way up into the car so its not an issue either.
I had to have it aligned as well. It rides good for being as low as it is. My only complaint is the rebound after you hit a hump will throw you outta the seat.

This ought a piss a few off........I finally read all of this thread. Save your $$$ and headaches and at least think about getting hydro's. With the accumualtors it rides better than air, no compressors kicking on and charge your batteries MAYBE every 4 months. I'm so glad I went with hydros over air. I still have leafs out back with blocks and I've had no issues. That front end and fab work involved will be insane!

http://www.losboulevardosmessageboard.com/showthread.php?4939-1968-Chrysler-New-Yorker

How do I register to see pics?

No, it didnt crash. It was infiltrated by spammers & bots and they shut down the registration part of the site. I forgot that you have to know somebody in the club or prove you have the same interests to join. I thought you could still lurk the threads though. Bummer.

Usually the "same interests" part means that you have to answer a question or write a little summary to the administrator about why you want to join. But that is totally shut down there, and you can't even apply to join.

Not a big deal. I'd like to see the pictures of how you figured out your hydraulics, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I'm not going to put hydraulics on my car. It would be cool, though. I've always liked the idea of pulling up to some place, flipping a switch, and having the car settle down on it's bump stops.

No, it didnt crash. It was infiltrated by spammers & bots and they shut down the registration part of the site. I forgot that you have to know somebody in the club or prove you have the same interests to join. I thought you could still lurk the threads though. Bummer.

good thing this place isn't popular else we'd probably be facing the same thing.

Popular to some.....like myself. On there daily, but I'm also looking to be a memeber of the car club.

In my world "bumpstops" are removed within minutes of owning the car...hehe....but here's the front end and some others.

525767_3567745749817_611734484_n.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

IMAG0448.jpg

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

So you had to cut a bigger hole in the upper shock mount. Any other cutting on the front end? Did you end up pulling out the torsion bar adjuster or just back them out a lot?

When I read the post on the other forum, I noticed you started with posts about the driveshaft tunnel. I can totally appreciate that. My car isn't lowered (aside from sagging springs), and I have bright metal above the rear u-joint where it's rubbed.

So f---ing cool. So tempting to go that route. I'd love to show up at day care and drop to the rails.

Well got looking at this a lot today and think I may go the route of air shocks. Don't have to worry about batteries that way and just have to use a small tank and compressor. Cutting and welding the tunnel won't be bad and just have to make sure the diff clears. Most of the fabbing will be in the trunk for the rear air shocks.

Well got looking at this a lot today and think I may go the route of air shocks. Don't have to worry about batteries that way and just have to use a small tank and compressor. Cutting and welding the tunnel won't be bad and just have to make sure the diff clears. Most of the fabbing will be in the trunk for the rear air shocks.
Air bags won't fit in the front.

Air shocks will bolt right in the stock locations in the rear. My car sat pretty low with the air out and 3" lowering blocks. If you're going to raise the driveshaft tunnel, the upper shock mounts will need to be relocated. Then you might have to do some sectioning out of the rear hump thats over the axle & frame. Keep in mind that if you pull rear leafs to get lower, it's a ***** to raise the car on airsocks. My compressor at home with 100psi wouldnt lift it. And airshocks wont work in the front.

Baja......Yes, the top of the shock mount where the shock stem poked through was removed for the hydraulic cylinder. All of the bumpstop bracketry was removed along with the adjuster bolts. The torsion bars are still in place, but serve no purpose and the top A arm was notched to make room for the cylinder when the car is laid out.

How did you know that?
For starters, I know that
Under the frond end there's torsion bars
Causing a condition of limited space
Kinda like on all the C bodies
You already knew that and you asked the question
Only to piss me off
Understood?

:rolling:

Back