Meet Maggie May!

For your timing issue.... couldn't you bring the #1 piston up to tdc on the compression stroke, then paint a thin white line on your balancer under the "0" of the chain cover's gauge. Even though it's on the wrong side, a timing light with the advance feature built in would then get you reasonably close.
Just a thought.

For your timing issue.... couldn't you bring the #1 piston up to tdc on the compression stroke, then paint a thin white line on your balancer under the "0" of the chain cover's gauge. Even though it's on the wrong side, a timing light with the advance feature built in would then get you reasonably close.
Just a thought.
Being that the timing marks are on the left side of the timing chain cover,the markings are a ***** to get at with the power steering pump in the way.

There is a moment where the piston is stationary at TDC and the rod and crank still moves...I can get it close but not 100% bang on.
I will time it by vacuum and hoping no ping with 18 inches of vacuum. Road test and tune is all I can do at this point until we decide what to do.

Been thinking about swapping in a later model timing chain cover since they are more plentiful than a 69 318 harmonic balancer. I seerched but no luck.

With the lower rad hose being shifted from the left side to the right side,I plan on upgrading from the puny 19 inch rad to an aluminum 22 inch rad.
Reason for that is I plan on installing a period correct knee knocker Air Temp under dash A/C unit.
Maggie needs her A/C!

Today we installed the rebuilt carb,fine tuned the best we can,and adjusted the trans kickdown linkage.
Frankie runs much better!!
Been parts chasing all week with Waygun..
106554118_1798871303586562_5784549085707620846_n.jpg

I did the best I could to get a good pic of the VIN stamped on the block..It is not numbers matching...
104925849_1487333838133269_4642035788462054862_n.jpg

Friday we went for a drive and stopped to by lottery tickets. I hope The car can bring us some luck!
not the special sign behind the car..
D2SJtIL1pSzoJpAetNLUWO1bvUGzljYUeOTK2x2u6Vxcz-s6s9skXCjpyvfTZA-0Y-Fn3VTdc&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.jpg

Nice job getting the car roadworthy. The car looks great with the wheel covers, new top and cleaned up white interior. Hopefully Moparfest will be a go next year and maybe I can see it in person.

Nice job getting the car roadworthy. The car looks great with the wheel covers, new top and cleaned up white interior. Hopefully Moparfest will be a go next year and maybe I can see it in person.
We had registered for this year but we all know what happend so yeah nextt year God willing.
The waygun was also registered and paid so both PLYMOUTHS will be going.
No BOAB since it went 2 years in a row ....and last year in the arena well... cant top that LOL!!

Battery was stone cold dead today. I forgot to unplug the GPS.
But the plot thickens...
I charged up the battery for 45 minutes at 15 amps and the car fired up.
My multimeter showed no charging at idle but rev it up it goes to 13.35 volts.
Turn on rear defog,front defros,and headlights,drops below 12 volts.
Concerning since the Pertronix needs 12 volts to run the engine.

Battery is one year old and with the exception of this weekend always disconnected the battery (since the car was not being driven)
Since the car DID sit for a LONG time I am suspecting the alternator is dying a slow death.
It was replaced in the past,has a bar code sticker on it.
I did check for a parasitic draw and there is none.
Anybody have any thoughts?

I would start by checking the regulator, connect your voltmeter and full field the alternator. If the voltage is good, replace the regulator.

Funny I have a new VR706 regulator in the trunk and just never got to installing it
The onee in the car is an older electronic one from the 90's

I dont trust the alternator so I got a new one coming.
Its output did improve but not enough to satisfy me.
This is Maggies car and the less problems she has the better.

Back