More vintage Pro Stock

Do you REALLY know of all these tracks and racers CBB? Or is all of this off the cuff and quick research as you scan the net for photos?

No I'm a big fan of the sport. Read about many of these racers as a kid growing up from various magizines. I am a member of a Pro Stock site & a nostalgia Pro Stock site. Both have as members drivers, crew people, team owners & photographers. Most of these guys are ok with picture sharing & love to tell stories. So I post this stuff because I remember reading about it back in the day & often the details are from the team or the guy who took the pic. So I consider it to be largely accurate. I guess I'm an amature drag race historian. My NASCAR knowledge is better as I went to many of the races. The NASCAR racers aren't yet as forthcoming with pics & stories. There are a lot of guys out there who are absolute experts on both series. Amazing the stuff they know. I hope you guys enjoy this stuff. I know I sure do. These are the good ole days. It's a treasure & hope It generated more interest

This is a pretty darn good collection of vintage pics & stories. Takes a lot of time to do this. And I do it because I enjoy it. You guys are lucky I'm a C body fan because this is the only place I post this stuff & one of only a few places on the net you can find such a collection thats updated regularly. And it's free. So enjoy & share.

Keep it up Bob I love seeing what happens to old race cars and if someone gets them and restores or is currently using it.

Bob,, LOVE all your postings...
Its like reliving my past days...
Keep on posting.... :eek:s_dancing2:

Challenger vs Demon

The Rod Shops Challenger. I believe that's Mike Fons driving. Up against Larry Griffiths Demon. Larry is still racing. He has a new Drag Pak Challenger these days

image.jpg

Amarillo Dragway

Group of pics from an IHRA race. Just a bunch of bad azz Hemis comming up the return road after a blast down the quarter

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1970 World Finals in Dallas Texas

Legandary mechanic Jake King tunning on the S&M Hemi as Ronnie Sox looks on. And the other pic is Ronnie cleaning the Keystone wheels on the Hemi Cuda

image.jpg

image.jpg

1970 World Finals

Dallas, Texas. From left to right. Dave Koffel (Koffels Place & B1 heads) Ronnie Sox & Bill "grumpy" Jenkins

image.jpg

Back