My Big Red 72 Imperial and Steering Wheel Option: Interim Idea

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Some of you have given your opinion on my inherited steering wheel dilemma and I agree it should really go...probably sooner than later...finding the correct color and original steering wheel may take some time. What are your thoughts on this interim steering wheel pictured for sale? Do you think it would be a step up? Should it integrate into column easily? I don't know much about it like most of you and will likely recognize it. My initial thoughts would be if I can't find an original black Imperial steering wheel... I could possibly
dash.jpg
steering wheel.jpg
steering wheel1.jpg
widen my options to include a correct color Fury, Newport, New Yorker, Polara steering wheel as next best thing? At least during an interim period...what do you think?

Would be better than the wood one. I hope that the po didn't do anything stupid mounting that wooden one. I'm not sure what kind of adaptor is used on it.

Would be better than the wood one. I hope that the po didn't do anything stupid mounting that wooden one. I'm not sure what kind of adaptor is used on it.
I guess for about 100 bucks with shipping I could buy it and if didn't fit put back wooden one...not sure if there's critical components missing to mount this Ebay one with my steering column.

bigger shame is the PO didn't just throw the original wheel in the trunk. save the hundred bucks and do as suggested above. probably a tilt telescoping column. should take the wheel off and see how many pieces are missing to include with your order. take the pipes off yet?

bigger shame is the PO didn't just throw the original wheel in the trunk. save the hundred bucks and do as suggested above. probably a tilt telescoping column. should take the wheel off and see how many pieces are missing to include with your order. take the pipes off yet?
Pipes are off.
20170722_121921.jpg

20170722_121921.jpg

f' the steering wheel. booster and a master. flip the tires blackwall out. little cyclo carb cleaner on those headrests and that car's done. nice, man. very nice.

f' the steering wheel. booster and a master. flip the tires blackwall out. little cyclo carb cleaner on those headrests and that car's done. nice, man. very nice.
Yeah...I was thinking the same about flippin tires to blackwall...got good lead on master/booster rebuild here in Mpls so hopefully this week...might pull off those headrests or rub off paint today.

Back