My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

Just as you see it, same place, not a thing has been done to it! I have been so busy with work and other projects that I haven't even had 1 day to go work on it. It doesn't help that its an hours drive from me. It'll require a couple days work before I'll be able to drive it and I am now considering bringing it to my place on a trailer to get it going. In order to light a fire under my *** I registered it in a car show at the WPC Museum on the 9th of June....

I hope you make it to the show. Post some pics of the museum too.

I've got dozens of pics of the museum would you like to see them?, maybe I'll start a new thread.

My father retired from Chrysler in `89 and has been a volunteer at the museum basically since it opened.

I've got dozens of pics of the museum would you like to see them?, maybe I'll start a new thread.

My father retired from Chrysler in `89 and has been a volunteer at the museum basically since it opened.

Yes, please start a new thread and pictures please. Visiting the museum is definitely on my bucket list.

:eek:ccasion16:

Going to spend the day working on it on Monday, can't wait!

i had a 67 mobil director. r.front seat swiveled with a little desk in the back seat. should have never sold it! but i still got my first car. a 1948 chrysler crown imperial 8 passenger. waitin to win loto or find investor

Last edited:
I finally was able to spend a solid 7 hours with the Imperial yesterday, I would call that a Memorial Day well spent! Replaced the passenger side rear whell cylinder and put new shoes on that side. The old wheel cylinder leaked all over and saturated the shoes with brake fluid and as a result that side was quite sticky. The other side needed nothing. My buddy and previous owner of the car dropped the trans pan and the valve body to replace all the related seals in it, new filter and pan gasket. The oil and filter were changed for the first time in at least 4 years and it was dirty(has not been driven in about 4 years). New battery and replaced the driver side front window motor. Still have some electrical gremlins to figure out before I'll call it a driver. Reverse lights are always on, headlights or any lights up front for that matter do not work. There is also a current draw somewhere that will drain the battery, My friend thinks that it might be all related to the Sentinal lighting system, so we'll see. Also need to fix the rear power windows. I learned a couple of interesting trivial things about the car too. The Imperial had its own wheel bolt pattern that is the same as a GM pattern and that the 2.94 axle ratio was particular to the Imperial? I also learned that this car is even more solid then I had hoped for and that the previous owner before my buddy had a class whatever frame mounted hitch insatlled when he moved from WA to AZ. Not sure if I will keep that on or remove it...
Here are a couple of pics.
BTW, The car has also not been washed in at least 4 years, can't wait to do that!

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8208.jpg

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8212.jpg

I wish I had that garage too! I'm still not sure that this car isn't too long for mine...

I know what you mean. I have 5 years left on my mortgage so I'm staying put. I have the Automotive Craft Shop on Aberdeen Proving Ground that I can use on Thursday to Sunday. But it would be nice to be able to walk out to the garage and work on her at my speed when I want.

The silver bullet comes home tomorrow! Can't wait!

You know I will!

Great day yesterday! Finally got the "Silver streak" (that's lame I'll come up with something better as I get to know it) home.
My friend Bob, aka the seller, spent a bunch of time in my absence getting the car ready for the road. So last week it was a lot of the mechanical stuff, this week it was the major electrical issues, exterior lighting and a constant draw on the battery. We thought it all could be due to the sentinel lighting system not working properly but it wasn't, actually the sentinel system works perfectly. The culprate for the lighting issue was the turn signal switch in the column was fried and the reverse light switch which is externally mounted further down the column is also shot. Luckily Bob had an extra turn signal switch for the tilt telescope wheel and replacement of plenty of these under his belt. He also figured out that the constant current draw on the battery was the glove box light was out of adjustment and staying on. So while he was busy with the steering column I replaced both the rear window motors and greased up all the tracks so all of the windows are now in working order and all but the reverse lights are working. Had to pull the back seat out to replace window motors and just as I thought it would be, the build sheet was there and in perfect condition! Still plenty of gremlins to work out but I was very happy to have so much of the problems fixed before I loaded it on to the trailer to bring it home. Most importantly the excelerator pump is shot and it can't be started when cold, or after sitting without pouring a little gas down the carb and that'll get old quick. The carb is not original to the car so I think I'll just put a new one on it asap and also a tune-up is in order, original points system works great. Now as far as the test driving, this thing rides so incredibly smooth and strong! What a pleasure to drive! Still hasn't been wased in 4 years but I couldn't wait to post up some pics anyway!

IMG_8227_1.jpg

IMG_8230_2.jpg

IMG_8231_3.jpg

IMG_8233_4.jpg

IMG_8236_5.jpg

IMG_8238_6.jpg

IMG_8240_8.jpg

When is she going to be on the road? The build sheet looks as good as the day the boys tucked her in the Imp! What does the interior look like? Also looks like you are pretty busy between the Imp/Charger/RR projects.

When is she going to be on the road? The build sheet looks as good as the day the boys tucked her in the Imp! What does the interior look like? Also looks like you are pretty busy between the Imp/Charger/RR projects.

Thanks Commando1!
It is on the road now! Still needs tune-up and some carb work or replacement but it drives fantastic. Post up some more pics once I clean it up some. Yes very busy, not to mention my client work!

It washed up very nice, nicer then I thought it would! Going to start on the build sheet now.I know, I know the exhaust tips have got to go, they're embarrassing at best!

IMG_8241_4.jpg

IMG_8247_2.jpg

Back