Name that girl

Name that girl

RIP Suzanne Somers. For any who recall her from Three's Company. Came on spring 1977.

we did her six year ago. died yesterday, age 76 of breast cancer.

00-1-2-5-2-jpg.jpg
Screenshot_20231015-170256.png

Its fall and time to try set of games for anyone interested? In a couple days, cool? See if there are any legs left in this one after running seven years.

This isn't the game .. just a "couple gimmes" to get the brain cells firing. They are way to EZ for the game to be any fun. :) (Shirley Temple, and Taylor Swift, btw).

View attachment 618888

Recall, with respect, for us 10 or so "die-hard" players of the game, for causal observers, and new people who might pick it up. there are some voluntary "rules" on the honor system.

1. Its supposed to be a fun diversion ..,not a competition .. emphasis on "fun" .. that a few of our "non-gear head" family and friends like to play along too. And they are usually good at it.

2. However one plays the game is one's own business (free country, subject to forum rules so the thread can stay up), but PLEASE if you know her, just maybe say you know and then let the game run for others who wanna exercise their brains trying to name that girl

3. These womens' "politics" is not really relevant ..that;s all one's personal choice if you care about tht. However, it tends not to have anything to do with the rest of usl. And it sorta has little relevance to what they looked like as youngsters or teenagers compared to when they were/are all grown up.

4. we tend to pick them given their exposure in popular print/digital media and/or nationally-recognized music/entertainment/news venues. Sometimes they are known for "cheesecake", sometimes they are famous for other "newsworthy" reasons other than swimsuit pics.

5. Hate the girl's guts? Don't like her looks? Cool .. but really any need to burn 'em down for that? Perhaps not.

6. Clues and pics fom the OP's. That's how we I/D them. We can also "google" their pics directly and find them with NO other work, but that's "cheating" so to speak.

7. Cant/don't feel like sleuthing it out? Cool. Lotta room under the "rock" :poke: I find myself there often. When I dunno them from their little kid pics/clues. I can't then claim to have "solved" the mystery woman puzzle so I "cheat".
View attachment 618892

:thumbsup:

"Diehards" and "Cavedwellers" awake! Shirley and Taylor & friends are returning :poke:

1709316217814.png

Daylight savings time means its spring. we'll see next weekend if this thread has any legs coming on 8 years after it started.

I've got some girls saved up, plus a couple repeats since this thread is so old. Maybe a few of you saved a few up too.

Still should be fun for a few of us and if our "better halves" can help us.

:thumbsup:

Spring forward tonight ... unless your region doesn't.

Game has "rules", or "expectations". Please consider them, but note they are purely voluntary and on the honor system. :)

1. Its supposed to be a fun diversion ..not a competition .. emphasis on "fun" .. that a few of our "non-gear head" family and friends like to play along too. And they are usually good at it.

2. However one plays the game is one's own business (subject to forum rules so the thread can stay up), but PLEASE if you know her, just maybe say you know and then let the game run for others who haven't been online, or just thinking it over.

3.Clues and pics are from the OP's. That's how we I/D them. One can also "google" their pics directly and find them with NO other work, but that's "cheating" so to speak. If you don't know her, just pass or just say that.

4. We (OP's) tend to pick them given their exposure in popular print/digital media and/or nationally-recognized music/entertainment/news venues. Sometimes they are known for "cheesecake", sometimes they are famous for other "newsworthy" reasons.

5. Hate the girl's guts? Don't like her looks? Despise her causes/politics? Cool .. but not really any need to burn 'em down, body-shame them, call them names, etc., for that? :)

6. These womens' "politics" is not really relevant .. what they looked like as youngsters or teenagers, compared to when they did all grown up? Who cares, right?

She's 50 now. Actor. Florida girl. We did her here 6-7 years ago, so a repeat.

Been working since late 1990's, more theatrical movies than TV.

Usually cast more for her looks than thespian skills it seems. One of Maxim mag's faves as a younger lady. People mag's list of beautiful people, too.

Been in a mix of big Hollywood projects with A-list stars, and some commercial duds. Several acting nominations, but no Oscar or Emmy yet.

Came to my attention in a bit part with "King Kong" as a co-star. She had to shed clothes to do it, but it was a breakout gig for her way back in 2001.

Hasn't worked as much past decade, steady relationship with a living "doll" all that time, and being a parent. At age now where actor's "pretty girl" parts tend to slow down. We''ll see what happens with her.

1710009346408.png

Last edited:
I didn't remember who she was. I think I have seen one movie that she was in, not that that means there would be any chance I would know her name. So I'll just get comfortable under the rock, I'll probably be here for a while.

That must have been a tiny bit part that movie, looking up the cast didn't help. Found her on a deeper search using the clues, and even then it was down the results a little.

I knew that smile, but couldn't remember the owner. I like her a lot, and her movies.

"king kong" is a hint.

character is a real actor --- gold statue on the shelf for that role.

cheesecake for our girl but she was on the map after that. never A-lister herself tho. :)

Back