Name that girl

its alright boss. there's room at the "inn" :poke:

1710455811961.png

Knew Emma Stone right away, I had to cheat on the last lady though. I only know her from her work from the last 20 years

#1,974. Helen Mirren. I thought she'd be easier to get.

Guess I should say "Dame" Helen Mirren, the female equivalent of being "knighted (Sir)" to a man. Big honor when the sovereign does that for a citizen.

Lotta 'cheesecake" out there when she was a younger woman. Just the basics below. She had the "goods" so to speak. Along the way, people figured out she couldd act too.

Still in demand.

1710538147001.png

1710538282835.png

Age 61, so 2006 Oscar for "the Queen".. Her first one.
1710539015316.png

Age 63 imimediately below, so 2008 paparazzi catch her swimming. She admitted to sucking it up a bit cuz she knew they were snapping pics.
1710538357445.png

Today. Nearly 80, she still looks pretty good. She's toned down on the cheesecake, but on occasion she still gets captured on the beach.

1710542027319.png
371C.jpg
371B.jpg

Sampling of all her movies. Most she acted in, some she did voicework, some she was the star. The television & stage stuff isn't here.
1710538043058.png

1710537906149.png

1710537724791.png

Last edited:
I'll get one more in. I only have 2-3 more before I "retire" til Labor Day:)

Age 67, soon to be 68. Actor and some modeling. Meridien, Mississippi girl by birth.

Mainly TV work (won a couple of Emmys, won a Golden Globe, star on Walk of Fame, and has been nominated for many TV awards ) starring roles and supporting work in variety of theatrical movies. Known best for being a pretty face and professionally easy to work with.

You can see as a first grade ca. 1960, she was probably gonna be a nice looking adult. Then you see her about ages 15-20 in early/mid 1970's.

Growing up and through college .. homecoming queen, cheerleader, model .. then she got her big break after college in mid 70's.

Roll Tide. Best place to find her, IF you don't know her face, is the Yellowhammer state in her pre-professional days. Oh, betcha your better halves know her face on sight.

Still a very beautiful lady, never an A-lister in Hollywood, but always seems to be working. Almost 50 years now.

Lotta pics, cuz knocking on 70, she still has the good looks and dazzling smile she had in high school. Lotta clues too.

Answer Sunday.

373.jpg

1710543409714.png
1710542802835.png
1710543064640.png

Last edited:
Was she on an episode of MASH? If so, I know who she is.
MASH doesn't show up on her professional resume.

i dont know for sure ...it would have been between '77 & '83 .. between college and when that show went off the air.

good luck. thanks.

#1,984 Sela Ward

Former cheerleader at University of Alabama until 1977, then model (cosmetics, hair products, etc), then movie star starting in 1983.

Her looks really havent changed in 50 years of public life. I thought she'd be easy to get, even one didn't recognize her face, from the clues and basic internet search (of the words, not the pics) she'd come up.

More in television in a show in the early 1990's (Sisters). My daughters were just starting elementary school, my wife did not watch it, we lived in France most of the time it was on.

Her TV work is not my cup of tea anyway and I have NEVER seen a single TV show - NOT ONE episode of anything she has been in on TV.

Tho, much more well-known as a television star (medical and police dramas) vs. theatrical moves, though she's been in a lot of movies.

Never seemed to be much about "cheesecake", tho lotta "glamour shots" of her out there from her younger days. More about believablility in the role of doctor, president, beautiful, sympathetic, and smart supporting character, etc..

Seems to be aging well, though look close at today's pics and you can see a 70 year old peeking through. Still a pretty face and fit it seems.

1710690401523.png
1710691438078.png
373B.jpg
1710690716154.png

TV Shows
1710690470056.png

Movies
1710690500274.png

#1,984 Sela Ward

Former cheerleader at University of Alabama until 1977, then model (cosmetics, hair products, etc), then movie star starting in 1983.

Her looks really havent changed in 50 years of public life. I thought she'd be easy to get, even one didn't recognize her face, from the clues and basic internet search (of the words, not the pics) she'd come up.

More in television in a show in the early 1990's (Sisters). My daughters were just starting elementary school, my wife did not watch it, we lived in France most of the time it was on.

Her TV work is not my cup of tea anyway and I have NEVER seen a single TV show - NOT ONE episode of anything she has been in on TV.

Tho, much more well-known as a television star (medical and police dramas) vs. theatrical moves, though she's been in a lot of movies.

Never seemed to be much about "cheesecake", tho lotta "glamour shots" of her out there from her younger days. More about believablility in the role of doctor, president, beautiful, sympathetic, and smart supporting character, etc..

Seems to be aging well, though look close at today's pics and you can see a 70 year old peeking through. Still a pretty face and fit it seems.

View attachment 650523View attachment 650539View attachment 650524View attachment 650532

TV Shows
View attachment 650526

Movies
View attachment 650528
Face looks familiar, but no clue. Back under the stone for me.

#1,984 Sela Ward

View attachment 650523View attachment 650539View attachment 650524View attachment 650532

TV Shows
View attachment 650526

Movies
View attachment 650528

i was wrong another one i never heard of. back under my rock also.

Reminder.

Tho I might not be doing well enough with the clues, these "girls" are NOT intended to be hard to get. Recognizing them as young people proved to be TOO difficult years ago, in my experience.

One needs to, if NOT recognizable by face, do internet searches on the clues. Clues are guaranteed to get get you there, even IF one has never seen or heard of her.

Surely if one searches the pic directly, the woman will pop up immediately. we (members here) decided years ago no "game" there .. just one click and its all over. That's cool too but wasnt the intent.

Anyway when I am OP, if "10" is "super difficult" and "1" is "easy" I try to do a "5". Again, my apologies if I am not sucessful at that goal.

:thumbsup:

This "girl" died in 2022 at age 96. Actor. Born in UK, also was an American citizen.

Worked for 80 (yes, eighty) years.

"Knighted" (made a "dame") by QEII some years ago. LONG list of British and American professional awards, but TWO modern things she was best known for over that lengthy career.

A US-television drama series that ran for 12 years, 260 some hour-long episodes. She started on when she was about 60 years old and was of course over 70 when it ended. Her character was a senior citizen with extraordinary sleuthing skills. Never saw a single show, but my mother loved it.

When she was 66, her voice skills were applied to a memorable, US-made, animated character in a theatrical move that madely $400M worldwide. My children wore out the VCR with this one over 30 years ago, after seeing at the show like six times. "Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme".

Good luck if you decide to play. I tried to make this one about a "3" in difficulty. Really easy.:)

Answer tomorrow night.

375A.jpg

Last edited:
Git it based on the clues. I saw many episodes of the TV show she was on, back when we had three channels to choose from.

I'd like to revisit a girl from a couple of posts age. Emma Stone. Last night my wife and I watched "Poor Things" the movie she just won an Oscar for. Very strange and weird movie however if you really want to know Emma and every inch of her body this film is for you! I've never seen an A lister actress do so many nude and sex scenes in a movie! Het Ray, @amazinblue82 if you post a picture of any part of her body I'll guess it right away!
369.jpg

Back