Need more Advice.

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
just trying to sort a few things out,

as far as the vent line on my gas tank that runs up into the body and back in the frame rail how important is that and is it possible for me to move it, it broke off about a second after I loosened the line and dropped the tank?

Is there anyway to clean out the 1/4 panels where they are supposed to drain in the front & Rear?

I think thats it for right now.

Nick

the vent line you need otherwise the fuel pump will try to implode the tank. the vent line can be moved but the loop has to stay higher than the fuel tank so that it doesn't fill with gas. as far as cleaning the quarters i have always just used a screwdriver to scrape the hardened grunge and a shop vac with whatever attachments will fit to suck it out. sometimes a small wire brush will fit in there too. keep up the good work on your project. been watching and enjoying. keep the pictures coming!

Is there anyway to clean out the 1/4 panels where they are supposed to drain in the front & Rear?

I can't speak for your Fury but my '66 300 actually has rubber exterior plugs in the ¼ panels, at the wheel well. The left side is completely intact but the right side was still just barely hanging on to a very rusty, nearly gone, piece of metal. My plugs are about the size of a silver dollar.

You can forego the vent line by changing to a non-pressurized gas tank cap or drilling a vent hole in your pressurized cap.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Back