New Dodge Pro Stock team

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Elite Motorsports will field 4 cars next season in NHRA Pro Stock. 2 Mopars & 2 Chebbies. The Darts will be 500 inch fuel injected Hemi's. Driven by reigning champ ERICA Enders & 5 time champ Jeg Coughlin.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Derik Kramer returns

MOPAR racer Derick Kramer is returning in a brand new Dart. Here is a pic of the car at the chassis shop. Expect McGaha Hemi's for power

image.jpg

Kind of weird without the scoop, will be cool to see how they run. Now Nascar needs to get off their *** and move into the 21st century.

NHRA trying to generate more interest in Pro Stock....ProMod will be taking over soon in NHRA.

I can understand why the Nhra is making the move even though electronic F.I. will not perform any better because their jetting was not off that much any given weekend. The hood scoops were taking over the whole hood. NASCAR needs to head in that direction also put different bodies back on the cars and let them run a V8 that is available now not 1965 with fuel injection so that non production style systems can be developed. The aftermarket EFI systems out there now have all been derived from factory production or off the backs of us hobbist , pro racing has done nothing to further EFI development because they insist on sticking with modified volley carbs.

I predict they may be a bit slower at first, but not much. The cream rises to the top. Meaning the better teams will be quicker than they ran this past year. I think that hugh hood scoop caused an enormous amount of drag. I have heard it cost them 30 horse power. Drivers complained it was hard to see due to it. The teams are saying they can't go back to stock bodies because the aero is poor & the cars will be very dangerous at the top end. NHRA & NASCAR are in a tight spot for 2 reasons. 1 the technology has come to this & many people have spent a fortune to get here & 2 trying to keep the traditional vetern fan interested while attracting the younger race fans. These two have vastly different interest in the types of cars. Pro Stock may have run its course.

ProMod is constantly making crazy improvement and innovations with fuel induction systems.....

1978 NYB 046.jpg

1978 NYB 046.jpg

Turbo's are going to be the king of the hill in ProMod once they get the 60 foot figured out. They are already 20+ mph over the nitrous and blower guys.

Turbo's are going to be the king of the hill in ProMod once they get the 60 foot figured out. They are already 20+ mph over the nitrous and blower guys.

I agree. I don't get to see many Pro Mod races due to my schedule. When I do I've have seen the turbo cars seem to be the best A to B cars. I like the blown Hemis the best, but too many times the blow the tires off.

I think Nascar needs to wake up or one day they are going to wake up and their audience is going to be dead. They need to cater to the younger people.

When Elite Motorsports get's these new combo's figured out Erica is going to be unstoppable once again. Can't wait for the 2016 season to start !

As far as NASCAR goes, I lost interest a lonnnnggggg time ago ! Boring!

Nick Ferri with Elite has his work cut out for him. He's been quite. I did find out the Dart that Erica will be driving is all new from Rick Jones race cars. Not sure on jeggies Dart.

When Elite Motorsports get's these new combo's figured out Erica is going to be unstoppable once again. Can't wait for the 2016 season to start !

As far as NASCAR goes, I lost interest a lonnnnggggg time ago ! Boring!

Me too. I'll record the race...watch the flyover....fast forward until the wrecks....and watch the last 20 laps.

My nephew (19) is obsessed with circle track racing. It doesn't matter to him....dirt, snow, or asphalt. I could kick his *** about safety. He doesn't think it's necessary to have a jackstand under the car when he's working on it. Thinks a floor jack is good enough. Doesn't wear safety glasses when using a grinder, etc. I'm constantly on his *** about safety!!!

Back