New points distributor

Hate to say it, but I got a fantastic rebuilt one from Autozone for my 300.

Encouraging! I like paying $38 for a reman if the thing is half decent. My old dizzie is VERY wobbly now, terrible dwell angle results from that. I'll keep it and get some bushings, springs too, BUT while fiddling with such a rebuild I need Mathilda RUNNING. I notice this Enjay fellow on eBay is just peddling Cardone remans anyway, so why NOT go to Vatozone, who sells them for the least $$$?

I just bought new upper and lower control arm bushings and upper and lower ball joints for my '67 Imperial at Auto Zone, they were the only auto parts store that even had a listing for the bushings.

I just bought new upper and lower control arm bushings and upper and lower ball joints for my '67 Imperial at Auto Zone, they were the only auto parts store that even had a listing for the bushings.
Quite! Being a big successful chain permits them to stock parts for our antiques. Helps their advertising to be known for this. I use them as often as I do Rock Auto.

I got the distributor today and the cam I guess you would call it seems good but I felt the points and condenser were crap [especially the condenser,,had dents and no brand on the back like the blue streak] as I compared them to my blue streak points and condenser that were extras in the my glove box. There was grease on the cam and the Blue Streak points had a felt wick for grease so my question is what grease for the rubbing block and wick for the points?

I got the distributor today and the cam I guess you would call it seems good but I felt the points and condenser were crap [especially the condenser,,had dents and no brand on the back like the blue streak] as I compared them to my blue streak points and condenser that were extras in the my glove box. There was grease on the cam and the Blue Streak points had a felt wick for grease so my question is what grease for the rubbing block and wick for the points?
I thin coat of dielectric grease. Same stuff you put in light sockets.

I thought I remembered that ,,,thanks a lot! It has been so long since I messed with them.

Back