New to site from CO

65&66Fury

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new to the site and have just recently joined the C Body owners group! I was looking for a family project and wound up with two! My wife loved the look of a 65 Plymouth Fury II wagon she saw on Craigslist so we traded an 81 Chevy Silverado straight up for it. Then I got bit by the MOPAR bug again and traded an old motorcycle for a 66 Plymouth Fury III! lol I am starting work on both cars this spring. The 65 needs rear quarters and paint/interior and 65 needs some paint. Here is some pics of the 65. I will post some pics of the 66 when I can.

The 65 is a 383 Commando Car and the 66 is a 273 car.

PART951293123422334.jpg

PART951293123463084.jpg

PART951293123516772.jpg

PART951293123563431.jpg

PART951293125751953.jpg

Last edited:
Wagons are great rides, drove them for nearly 20 years while the kids grew up. I particulaly like the look of yours with the big honking dual pipes sticking out the back. Having a 383 under the hood is about as good as it gets! :eusa_clap:

:welcome:Looks like you've got a real solid foundation to work on. Do you know about the 383? Looks like someone did work on it long ago...

Last edited:
I live east of Denver in a little town called Strasburg. I dont have any history on the motor. It has a Eldebrock intake manifold, Eldebrock 4BBL carb, Eldebrock air cleaner, and Hooker headers to some cherry bombs. As far as internally I dont know, suppose I'll find out when we pull it. One cool things is it's all numbers matching (as is my 66). So I want to keep it original with some kick (grocery getter that will eat some Fords and Chevys on the weekends!) Can't wait for you all to see the 66! Will post some pictures tomorrow.

Welcome to the site, nice ride, can't wait to see the other.

I live east of Denver in a little town called Strasburg. I dont have any history on the motor. It has a Eldebrock intake manifold, Eldebrock 4BBL carb, Eldebrock air cleaner, and Hooker headers to some cherry bombs. As far as internally I dont know, suppose I'll find out when we pull it. One cool things is it's all numbers matching (as is my 66). So I want to keep it original with some kick (grocery getter that will eat some Fords and Chevys on the weekends!) Can't wait for you all to see the 66! Will post some pictures tomorrow.

Yup I know Strasburg. Used to pass by it when I went out shooting in Byers. Well actually deer trail but who's going to argue? I miss the wide open.

Yup I know Strasburg. Used to pass by it when I went out shooting in Byers. Well actually deer trail but who's going to argue? I miss the wide open.

Ya it's definitely wide open! You are actually closer to where I grew up, born and raised in a little coal mine town an hour east of Pittsburgh, PA. BTW HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Do have any pics of your monaco? When I was in high school, my friend and I used to tool around the country in a 68 Monaco 4door post. What fun we had in that car!

Promised everyone some pictures of my 66 Fury III well here she is is. BTW the wife calls her wagon Big Blue Bertha and my 66 is Big Red. HAHAHA Last picture is the day I picked her up. Both of them drive good and are registered. Just want to make some nice drivers out of them, because after all they were made to drive right?! But it sure is cool having two C-bodies in the driveway!

downsized_0123111356.jpg

downsized_0123111355.jpg

downsized_0104011702.jpg

Last edited:
Back