NOS Formal Hardtop Roof Rail Weatherstrip

Status
Not open for further replies.
The right part numbers for a 4 door hardtop are 3759506 and 3759507.

And I believe they only fit 76-78 4 door hardtops. I believe the 74-75 seals are different.

Nope- All weather strip from 74-78 are compatible. I'm not sure if the part numbers vary-but they are dimensionally the same.

4 door hardtop roof rail weatherstripping for Formals WILL be coming from Restoration Specialties.
I discussed this problem with Dave, the owner at the 2013 Daytona Turkey Run.
He agreed that they needed to be produced. He knew first hand from all the requests he gets on a regular basis.
I have a pair of like-new seals. He asked to borrow them so that he could have tthe tooling and dies to produce them ( not himself, a seal manufacturer).
I talked to him last week. He's finished with my seals and is returning them.
Everything is in place to produce them once he invests in the extrusion tooling and the mold dies. He admitted that it's now an allocation of time on his part in as much as he is tied up with many, many, projects.
So what we all need to do is to do is to let Dave know we are getting impatient so as to prod our project towards the top of the list.
This takes an effort on your part rather than sit back and wait for unobtanium to fall into your lap out of the sky. Not going to happen. You need seals? Sit down at your keyboard and let him know.

I came close to having them made myself by SoftSeal but I couldn't justify the over $15,000.00 investment.

Well, I did what I could. Tough for one man in this hobby. Guys who dig into their own pockets for these kinds of things are richer than I am.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Thank you commando1 ! Now all we need are reproduction rear discs...

I would be in the market for four-door seals, if I don't sell the Salon in the meantime. Mine are OK, but not anywhere like new.

It would annoy me too[/QUOTE]
There is no way in hell I'm gonna give that jackass the satisfaction of paying him $400 or better, for used seals! OR nos for that matter. I'd sooner cut up inner tubes and hang them than give this guy that kinda scratch!
He knows he's got us over a barrel..Well he can kiss my ....

Last edited:
I'm thinking the seals from this vendor is not going to be cheap either....but very well worth it if they are made correctly.

I'm thinking the seals from this vendor is not going to be cheap either....but very well worth it if they are made correctly.
Well, i would sooner give my money to restoration specialties, that's helping all of us out, than to some jerk trying to take advantage of a lousy situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back