NOT MINE NOT MINE - 1966 Fury III 383, 4 speed WITH FACTORY AC for sale

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I think this car's been posted about before, but it's up for sale again.

1966 FURY lll with 383 4 speed with factory AC.

Here is the link to Facebook Marketplace - hopefully the link works...

If the above link is disabled, try this but remove all spaces prior to pressing enter in your address bar:

https: // www .facebook .com /groups/65and66Fury/permalink /2387435044781064/? sale_post_id= 2387435044781064

I have requested a picture of the fender tag from Dodge Stokes, the current owner. I can hear the naysayers now, but from my discussions with him, I have no reason to doubt him, and really, who would go to the lengths and financial expense to create a fake Fury lll four speed with AC car??

This one is worth keeping in as original condition as possible.

@Joeychgo and @Toolmanmike - I don't know if comments are disabled in these type of for sale threads, but if at all possible, this car is worthy of discussion, and perhaps we could allow comments on this thread - with the hope from me that we all keep things civil and respectful, whatever our opinions may be!

Text from the ad:

1966 Plymouth Fury III.100k+ miles. The car is very unique as it is 1 of 3 built in this configuration. 383 Commando,4-speed,3:23 twin spin,full tint windows, fender skirts,dual exhaust,AC,manual steering,manual brakes.Rust free Texas car except for surface rust in trunk. Car was repainted sometime in the 80's with a clear coat.The clear coat is coming off due too the Texas sun. The engine was rebuilt about 10 years ago,but only has about 4k miles on it. Has a Hemi grind cam and headers. Rebuilt front suspension,brakes,new clutch,radiator recored,new heater core,new alternator,new rag joint and freshly sandblaster and painted 15X7 police rims with new tires. New NOS front fender and hood chrome. Interior is decent but showing it's age.Radio doesn't work,and haven't tried the AC. Car runs/drives excellent,drive anywhere.Selling due too trying too downsize because of too many storage units. $17,000 . Loacted in NW Ohio 43410.

Pictures:
66 Fury 383 4 speed with AC 1.jpg
66 Fury 383 4 speed with AC 2.jpg
66 Fury 383 4 speed with AC 3.jpg
66 Fury 383 4 speed with AC 4.jpg
66 Fury 383 4 speed with AC 5.jpg
66 Fury 383 4 speed with AC 6.jpg

"Hemi grind" in a 383....
Ok.
Direct Connection/Mopar Perf "Purple Shaft" version with 280 duration and .474 lift. They were a pretty popular cam and would work well with the 383.

IIRC, the first versions matched the Street Hemi spec and got revised a couple times with a bit less duration. Of course, they won't work with the Hemi because the intake and exhaust lobes aren't in the same spot as the wedge.

Reminds me of back in the day all the Chevy guys would boast about their "3/4 race" cam. 3/4's of what?

It was just a way of saying that it was a hot cam but not a "full race" cam and was suited for the street. The term was used pretty much by everyone and not just a Chevy thing.

This car was more realistic when it was for sale for ~12k or so by the prior seller a few years ago.
It had the same peeling paint and worn/incorrect seats back then.

Seeing the cracked/peeling dashpad, multi-cracked steering wheel, the warped doorpanel corner, the windlace that's pulling apart at the doorjamb - makes me wonder about the other areas not shown.
I'm betting one would be disappointed at paying $19k for it.

These 2 would be far better choices to buy for the same ballpark, unless one simply must have a 4-speed 4-door.
And if you do, Murray Park at one time had a 65 300 4dr 4speed he might sell and might also be a better deal.
NOT MINE - 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury 383HP 4-speed- $19,500 Florence AZ
NOT MINE - 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury, triple black 383 4-speed, $22,000 Sacramento CA

Back