Of headlights and harnesses.

carrman

Reaction score
Guys, I was wondering if anyone has installed aftermarket headlights in their C. Not that halo-HID bling bling crap, but real performance headlights. I know I need a relay harness to preserve that precious toggle style headlight switch, so does anyone have any good sources on one of those that would fit a C easily? I've thought about installing a set of REAL Hella H4 and H1 one headlights, but what are you guys using?

Dave

Last edited:
Do they relay gig on your existing harness. Light output should be vastly improved, even without changing the type of bulbs. Mine were at least twice as bright. You don't get the power loss going through the entire harness, it honestly makes a world of difference.

I miss my old H1 low/H1 high Marchal set.

h1-h1.jpg

Stan if you think I'll burn things up please tell me.
The headlights will suck up close to 30 amps of the alternator's output. With two relays and a thick jacket 10ga twisted wire going to each relay, I think you're good, but member BJS Racing is the expert on this stuff.

The headlights will suck up close to 30 amps of the alternator's output. With two relays and a thick jacket 10ga twisted wire going to each relay, I think you're good, but member BJS Racing is the expert on this stuff.

Getting a quote on a 3 relay system to handle this.

If you take the watts and divide by the volts that will give you amps. In this case on high beam you are looking at 8.33 amps per bulb. So you are right at 25 amps and that is just for the headlights. The defrogger is usually 20-25 amps and the heater is anywhere from 15-25 amps. The ignition system will run anywhere from 15-35 amps depending on the set up you are running. So just keep that in mind when you are looking at how big of an alternator you need.

Back