Posting pictures in my garage.

robndi43

Reaction score
When I first started my garage posts, I was able to post pictures of my car. Now the button to upload photos is nowhere to be seen. I want to add pictures of my build to the garage, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can some knowledgeable person please enlighten me to what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Rob

When I first started my garage posts, I was able to post pictures of my car. Now the button to upload photos is nowhere to be seen. I want to add pictures of my build to the garage, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Can some knowledgeable person please enlighten me to what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Rob
Open your garage, click on the "item tools" tab. Then go to edit and you will see the upload picture button near the bottom.

untitled.JPG

I gave up when I joined. I can post pics but when I do the garage thingy my files are too large. I gave up. By now everyone has seen enough of my pics in posts so I don't care.

I gave up when I joined. I can post pics but when I do the garage thingy my files are too large. I gave up. By now everyone has seen enough of my pics in posts so I don't care.
I have to agree with your comment. I tried to do what 300rag suggested with the same result. Every picture I tried to upload said the file was too big. I can't imagine, even though I'm no computer guru by any stretch, but I took these pictures with a cell phone. Can't possibly be too large with a cheap cell phone camera. I give up too.

Step by step:

First, as 300rag said, click Item Tools, than Edit Item
edit garage.JPG

Next click Upload a Photo but notice that the Max Allowed File Size is 2 MB or 2,000 KB and the Max Allowed Files are 25

edit garage 2.JPG

Click on the Browse Button.

edit garage 3.JPG

If your file doesn't show the size or type, you will see this. On the upper right, in Windows, you can change this to Details.

edit garage 4.JPG

Now you can see the Type and Size. As I said, the max size will be 2 MB or 2,000 KB

edit garage 6.JPG

If I try to upload a file greater than 2,000 KB it won't allow me to upload as seen in these images. File size is 5,127 KB, greater than 2,000 KB.

edit garage 7.JPG

File size too large error

edit garage 8.JPG

Try a different file under 2,000 KB, which is 1,426 KB

edit garage 9.JPG

File uploads make sure to click Full Image

edit garage 10.JPG

Click Post as Update and Save Changes

edit garage 11.JPG

Your garage will be updated with the new pics.

Again, the important thing is to check the size of the file you're trying to upload and to make sure you don't have more than 25 pics already in the garage.

Back