Pre- war 41' Chrysler in garage since 1984 Found!

polara66hardtop

Reaction score
I acquired it from a good friend, whose father passed away in 2009. it has been sitting covered up since 1984 in Dad's garage. I was asked to sell the house, but the son had no use for the car. So, here it is. 60k actual, and the Father was a retired Colonel USAF. There was a picture on the wall of him with Chuck yeager, circa 1955 next to an F-86. it isn't for sale, and is a bit pre C Body, but a beautiful car nonetheless! Not for sale, I Just thought people would enjoy seeing it. Not a spot of rust, never. Everything as it was in 1941. everything moves and works, but was originally Blue. There is an emory riddle 1949"on the plate holder. 1941ChryslerGTSDemon 002.jpg1941ChryslerGTSDemon 003.jpg1941ChryslerGTSDemon 004.jpg1941ChryslerGTSDemon 005.jpg1941ChryslerGTSDemon 007.jpg1941ChryslerGTSDemon 008.jpg1941ChryslerGTSDemon 014.jpg1941ChryslerGTSDemon 013.jpg

1941ChryslerGTSDemon 002.jpg

1941ChryslerGTSDemon 003.jpg

1941ChryslerGTSDemon 004.jpg

1941ChryslerGTSDemon 005.jpg

1941ChryslerGTSDemon 007.jpg

1941ChryslerGTSDemon 008.jpg

1941ChryslerGTSDemon 014.jpg

1941ChryslerGTSDemon 013.jpg

Very nice! It looks like it has a set of Port-O-Walls on it. I'd detail it and leave the car as-is, while checking battery, tires, brakes and belt. I would leave the color alone.

Bring it to Carlisle in July......we all would love to see this beauty!

It has the Chrysler spitfire fathead, which is larger than the dodge/Plymouth engine. I had to study it a while just to remember how to get it in Neutral. The car has a fluid drive type torque converter, making the car a four speed, sort of.

Usually these cars have been trashed, messed with, or altered, if they exist at all. But mechanically every part is Installed. and operates like the car was five years old. It is like going back in a time machine and seeing it as it was. The springs are still wrapped, and no rot. X Zerks operate, emergency brake, choke,heater,etc. The brakes and shocks appear brand new, so the Owner was really picky about maintenance.
He was Involved with the Confederate AF, so this was the command staff car according to the paperwork in the car. He had a stroke in the eighties, and the car sat. There were base tags on the seat for multiple years , as the wife told him: "someday you can drive back on base again."

I love the sun visor, and the doors/windows open and close like the car was new. I was stunned when I pulled up to the Barn with it, and my wife said: Did you buy that? You better not sell that! I like it, my dad had a car like that in the fifties! I told her it just like having another child. How can I afford one more, and how can I not?

My first car was a 41' Dodge Luxury liner in 1966, and it was junk compared to this one here today. I just wish it was Blue, Like Johnny Carson's at the Harrah's Museum!

The owner was an Oustanding Airman from the day, with his career starting During the Korean War through the eighties. Seeing all the pictures on his wall as a young fighter Jock, through the B-52's and SR-71 really brought this car to life sitting in that Garage.

Sorry to go on, I just feel these guys are the unknown Professionals nobody knew about, and they deserve some recognition for their efforts during the cold War. Being on a SAC Base in 1971 I saw these guys every day, and never thought twice about it. But, I was dumb then.
I like it! What's under the hood, in-line 6 or 8?

Back