quarter window adjustment?

Jeff

Reaction score
I've cleaned up and lubed the tracks on my quarter windows and they work pretty well now, except the driver side makes a loud pop sound on the way down. When I look inside while rolling it down, I can see the pivot point of the regulator jolt at the same time. I think it must be binding somewhere, but I can't find where.

One difference I noticed between the passenger and driver side is that lower portion of the rear vertical channel on the driver side is firmly bolted to the car. On the passenger side, the lower portion of the rear vertical channel is fastened loosely to the car, so the channel moves a bit when the window is going up and down. Is the lower part of the rear channel supposed to be loose?

if i'm understanding what you are talking about, it should be tight. that tips your quarter window inward and outward.

I have seen the window channels break the spot welds on the lower brace and become loose. I had a front window on my car that was like that.

When I tightened down the bottom of the rear track on the passenger side, the popping noise started. So I loosened the track on the driver side and the popping noise stopped. There is a bracket with a slot at the bottom that allows the bolt holding the track to travel in and out. I think it is designed to travel to relieve pressure as the mechanism moves. As for the popping noise, I isolated it to the top rear regulator arm. Where it connects to a horizontal track there is a piece that moves in and out as the mechanism moves. It does so explosively when the bottom of the rear vertical track is fixed.

Back