R134 on top of R12

And vaporized mineral oil rushing out of a hose fitting leak pushed by 180 psi of Freon pressure COULD cause a blowtorch if ignited, but when did that ever happen?

cbody67 the concerns with r12 and a flame weren't due to its flammability but the fact that it+mineral oil+fire= phosgene nerve gas

PHOSGENE IS CHOKING GAS, NOT NERVE GAS! One also needs to boil the CFC brew to create something like phosgene. It's nasty stuff. Now, IF you WANT NERVE GAS, especially on a budget, try for SARIN, which can be brewed up with a simple binary reaction between certain hydraulic oils and HCl! The nice folks in Aum Shinrikiyoi happened on that with rave reviews in the subways of Tokyo. But PLEEZE don't confuse the FACTS here bro.

I still recall a few hundred easy ways to murder and stampede herds of sheeple for a few dimes, even though I've not applied myself to such study in decades. Such lore abounds. Only by the Grace of the Lord do all but a few souls remain unaware of this stuff, so I happily forgive those who don't get it right.

Back