Radiator upgrade

superfragl

Reaction score
Even though I had Speed cooling aluminum radiator on my Fury, The engine (Gen III Hemi) could get to 220 degrees on a hot day.
I did some research and found that there is a Mopar Severe Duty II (SRT) radiator that should work for me. The old radiator had two rows of 1 1/4" tubes and the new one has 1 row of 1 5/8" tube. This should speed up the coolant flow and should have less air restriction. I also had original RT fans that are direct fit for the radiator.
So far the first ride this morning is positive. On the highway the temp stayed around 199 (with 195 thermostat). After a 20 min ride at 3200 RPM I got off the highway and stopped at a light. Tmep went up to 208, fans kicked in and cooled it down to 194 in 30 seconds.
Now I am waiting for a real hot day to see how it performs.
DSCN0494.JPG
DSCN0491.JPG
DSCN0493.JPG

Nice, man. I hope she stays cool for you. What an awesome car!

Last edited:
This engine swap has shown incredible attention to keep this from being a 1/2 assed hack. The results are amazing.

Do you leave the airfilter as it is ?.......( warm air ).

Do you leave the airfilter as it is ?.......( warm air ).
That`s a good question! Not happy with hot air intake. On a hot day I see intake air temps around 140. I am thinking about moving the intake filter somewhere underneath the battery and fabricating a box of some sort, but cannot come up with a proper setup yet... There`s power steering cooler lines and transmission cooler lines go through the radiator support under the battery tray...

Ha ha! not for me. Never been a fan of hood scoops. Especially on a c-body. Redhead is pretty much stock on the outside except wheels and this
DSCN8018.JPG

Last edited:
Back