rear speaker tray

chry73luv

Reaction score
I posted this once before and will try again. I need a new rear speaker tray or shelf for my 73 2dr dodge polara.I see a company that will cut one for a 72. I thought the 72 and 73 had the same body style and rooflines the only difference were the front and rear designs. I thought the interior dimensions and style were pretty much the same and I am thinking this 72 speaker tray will work on the 73.I have had no luck in getting part numbers to match. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated and by the way Merry Christmas to all on this website!

What company makes the tray that you are talking about for the 1972

Thanks

Looks like it is the same part number. 72 and 73 parts manuals show 1375 HX9.

72 parts manual:
72 Shelf Panel.jpg
73 parts manual:

73 Shelf Panel.jpg

72 Shelf Panel.jpg

73 Shelf Panel.jpg

Yeah, I'm convinced they are the same Doug....don't know where you'd find one though

I'm not aware of anybody reproducing this part, Murray Park would be your best bet.

Yeah, I'm convinced they are the same Doug....don't know where you'd find one though
If you go to ebay motors and punch in dodge polara speaker tray this company pops up in PA and one of the choices is a 72 dodge polara 2 dr speaker tray with cut outs. He has a great feedback rating with a money back policy if not happy.I was wondering if anybody here has used him? I already talked with Murray and he has a used one in good condition but not perfect. Thanks all I appreciate the responses back, look forward to Carlisle this year with the c body celebration and Merry Christmas!

I think many of us have seen these listings and like me are skeptical. The original panels have the leading edge rolled down a couple inches, not something easily reproduced. My guess is that they are using a softer material like cardboard or are short or who knows what.

I do believe the 69-73 package trays would be the same for the same body type/roof line. I do not know this for sure.

I think we are all waiting for someone else to bite the bullet on this and report back.

Alan

Back