Reinforcement ideas?

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Totally different hobby but you guys have an incredible collective mind to restore and improve parts, because we can't just go out and buy many items for our c-bodies.

Here is what I got. The is a design flaw in the upper area of my big jukebox door. I damaged mine and was able to buy a donor door and want to reinforce this area.

Hear is my idea. I don't want to drill into anything. I have thought of cutting pieces of aluminum and using JB Weld to adhere it to the surrounding plastic.

In addition to this is there any epoxy which I could then pour into the void to reinforce it even more?

Circled area to reinforce.

20220102_153909.jpg
20220102_154031.jpg
20220102_154045.jpg

You can fill the area with J-B weld. Once it’s cured, you can grind it with a Dremel tool to your liking.
I reground a water softener cam after filling it with J-B weld and it worked perfectly.

There's an epoxy product called Milliput. It comes in putty form and you mix the two putties together and you can mold it to whatever form you want.

The stuff is kind of amazing as all you need to do is wet your fingers to mold it, but it dries like iron. I used it to stick a coffee mug handle back on a couple years ago. This thing goes through the dish washer, gets microwaved etc. Great stuff.

Watch some videos on YouTube about it.

You can fill the area with J-B weld. Once it’s cured, you can grind it with a Dremel tool to your liking.
I reground a water softener cam after filling it with J-B weld and it worked perfectly.
Thanks, what is your thought of setting this aluminum bracket in JB Weld. This is an area which needs reinforced

20220102_153903.jpg

This is the bracket I was going to use.

Screenshot_20220102-170055_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Back