For Sale Road Wheel Alternatives on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
s-l1600.jpg

1976-78 AMC Javelin, Matador Barcelona Factor 15x6 Rally Wheels, Primer,Other | eBay

AND...

s-l1600.jpg

(4) AMC Javelin AMX SST Hornet gremlin X Rally Wheel chrome center caps oem | eBay

AND...
Combat Bob: Check your messages inbox. ☺️

WHAT? 4 Wheels that are almost the price of a formal??? What the hell?:wideyed:

image.jpg
I had to buy the AMC centers as I could not find the Mopar versions for my wagon. Looks ok.

Starting at $575 and being blasted and primed, not chromed... way too much IMO.
$60+change to get those centers to my door would be a win if I needed them... I don't, and even have one to donate to a good cause due to my compulsive spending on anything under $10 that is close to a Formal part...

Paid just under $400 incl shipping... just need to be patient, and jump fast when you see them...
P6110077.JPG

Doba likely owes me a full ration of **** for this... I am hoarding wheels too...

Very nice looking wheel though

Starting at $575 and being blasted and primed, not chromed... way too much IMO.
$60+change to get those centers to my door would be a win if I needed them... I don't, and even have one to donate to a good cause due to my compulsive spending on anything under $10 that is close to a Formal part...

Paid just under $400 incl shipping... just need to be patient, and jump fast when you see them...
View attachment 108043

Doba likely owes me a full ration of **** for this... I am hoarding wheels too...
IMG_3283.PNG

This is the second set of these wheels that have been blasted and painted. Seems to me that they are pretty much worthless unless you're going to put the appliques over them like some of the late Formals. Even then, they can't be worth very much.

Or am I missing something and some cars had Road Wheels that weren't chromed?

This is the second set of these wheels that have been blasted and painted. Seems to me that they are pretty much worthless unless you're going to put the appliques over them like some of the late Formals. Even then, they can't be worth very much.

Or am I missing something and some cars had Road Wheels that weren't chromed?

I have never seen them in the wild, but it appears (from the SFGT thread) that they did come without chrome.

The above wheels would be the perfect Guinea Pigs to try the Chrome Wash n Rinse technique on

I have some plastic stuff, I would be interested in how well this holds up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back