For Sale Road Wheel Alternatives on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, the durability of the spray on chrome is fairly abysmal. If you clear coat it, the durability goes up, but the chrome "look" goes down dramatically. If I understand it correctly, the clear coat changes how light reflects and it begins to look like silver powder coat.

The cost of real plating isn't going to get any cheaper, but you really can't beat it for appearance and durability.

From what I've read, the durability of the spray on chrome is fairly abysmal. If you clear coat it, the durability goes up, but the chrome "look" goes down dramatically. If I understand it correctly, the clear coat changes how light reflects and it begins to look like silver powder coat.

The cost of real plating isn't going to get any cheaper, but you really can't beat it for appearance and durability.

Some tint the clear blue to counteract that issue. Just sayin'

I gave up hoarding wheels and sold most of my parts and pieces off. I pick pieces up when I see them cheap usually only to hand that piece off to a c body guy who needs it.
That little hoard sitting on the shelf gives me a great sense of security should I have a mishap with mine. Except for the truly cheap "problem solver" parts I am out of the wheel hunt. Maybe if I tripped upon 15x7 RWs for a decent price, or found some too good not to pass them on. I have wheel covers if I ever really needed or wanted to make a change.

What kind of wheels are those?
They are Indy 500s. Got them at a swap for $25 each. It was my son's idea to put the AMC caps on them as they were going on his Gremlin. He's always liked the Shelby Cal 500s I have on my Newport. They ended up looking great!
IMG_4426.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back