Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1976 Plymouth Other Police

s-l1600.jpg

This is very original 1976 Plymouth Gran Fury that served as a South Dakota Highway Patrol car. It is the A38 police package and has the highly sought after HP440 engine. I bought the car several years ago and had planned to rebuild it, but life happened. The dash and front door panels have been disassembled, but all parts are currently in the back seat of the car. The car will come with an extra dash pad (in better condition than the one shown in the car) and a second "certified" 140 MPH speedometer (also in better condition than the one shown in the car). The twin sonic lightbar shown in one of the photos is not mounted on the car, it was just set on top of the car for a photo. The light bar IS NOT included in this auction. I have all of the paperwork that traces the car back to it's roots as a South Dakota Highway Patrol car. This car does need restoration, but is in good condition. There is some rust, but not a lot for a 41 year old car. The car did run and drive, but when I started it a couple months ago, it ran for a while until old gas got into the carb and it died. I haven't had time or resources to rebuild the carb again, but I know the car will run when the carb is cleaned and the old gas is removed from the car. It also appears to have a transmission fluid leak, but drives strong when the fluid is up to proper level. I have literally driven this car one time and only went about 5 miles with it. It will need to be towed. Last year, a tornado came through where the car is parked and it slammed the hood back into the windshield. The hood was not damaged, but the windshield has a "c" shaped crack spanning the width of the windshield, where the back of the hood hit it. I will include a NOS driver's side mirror with the car also. If I find other parts that I purchased for the car, I'll include them also. Car is sold as is. $500.00 non-refundable deposit via pay-pal due within 24 hours of auctions end, with the principle of payment due in CASH upon pick up. I will be reasonably flexible with pick-up arrangements. You are responsible for retrieving the car. I will not deliver or fund delivery.

Nice rig :) "H" price class, A38, E86, U code .. coulda been a "Boss Law" car OR, SD took good care of the rank and file troopers. This one has its docs too..that stuff is usually gone.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Road Wheels? Please tell me if that would have happened while on active duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back