Side-view mirror not factory?

I was just going by the owner’s manual for my 67 Fury. It says you have an outside mirror, and Station wagons have an additional passenger side mirror.
Maybe that is standard, but the passenger side was optional?

IMG_0282.jpeg

The 'Party Barge' came from the factory sans mirrors on either side.
Apparently the buyer (it was an ordered car) didn't want to layout the cash.
Looks like a couple of 'Western Auto' type were added early on.
Omni

I was sticker shocked when I looked for a passenger side one for my old Monaco. But then I realized. If you purchase a drivers side from Australia, then they're common there, and most are adjustable from the inside passenger door - in fact my door cards even had the knock out stamped in for the adjuster. - Not original, but definitely more practical.

I was just going by the owner’s manual for my 67 Fury. It says you have an outside mirror, and Station wagons have an additional passenger side mirror.
Maybe that is standard, but the passenger side was optional?

View attachment 623252
What that's saying is a passenger side mirror was standard on wagons, optional on all the non-wagons.

I also didn't have a passenger side mirror. I got one for about 60 bucks. Took the door all apart and got it in. I would suggest not doing it exactly even as the driver side. Move it about one inch closer to the back of the car. My pillar seems to be just ever so slightly in the way. Mistakes were made. Lol. Can only do it once. Its not bad, I'm exaggerating. But really if I did it again I would offset the mirror just a hair. Also I agree it's not that good of a useful mirror so I got a perfect size fitting convex mirror and put it on there. Now I can see the whole next lane when driving and parking lines when I back in

My 65' 300L doesn't have one and with the design of the roof and long quarter window, it doesn't really need one. My '67 Sport Fury convertible on the other hand needs one badly, the convertible top along with the small quarter window provides one hell of a blind spot. I haven't owned a fastop, but I would assume there is a blind spot as the convertible
I plan on putting one of similar style as the remote on the left. I have noticed that the '67s mount a little forward of the vent wing/window channel assembly. Beautiful Monaco 500 by the way.

when i bought my wagon there was no mirror on passenger side but the door had holes drilled for one. I asked the seller and he said it was missing when he bought the car. I bought a factory used one online it fit the holes perfectly so i assume car was factory equipped with one & was removed for some reason.

Back