Smoke Haze, Blue Hills & "The Other One"

Wildaugust

Reaction score
Sometimes I just like jumpin' in the car and goin' for a drive in the country, out in the middle of nowhere. It's kinda like therapy. The windows down, the fresh air, the sounds, the scenery, the almost non-existent traffic. One advantage to having not put a nice paint job on your car is that you don't have to worry about the fact that the roads are gravel. I will miss going for these backroad drives after I paint my cars. Well, I'll still be able to take my Daily Driver I guess.

I thought I'd take a few pics and post them here for you guys. This was just a few days ago. The smoke haze is from the forest fires on the west coast. It was pretty thick, making the sun look orange all day.
002.jpg
006.jpg

The "Blue Hills", as they're also known as, are the Brandon Hills.

008.jpg

This time, I decided to take "the other one", instead of my Daily Driver. My 1970 Meteor Rideau 500. Once I complete my Newport, I plan to get started on this one. For now though, I'm just keeping her running and reliable. Other than the cracked dash pad, she's actually in fairly decent shape for an unrestored 46 year old car. She ain't very pretty, but she's dependable as hell.

This is probably the one and only pic that I'll post of her on here though. :laughing7:
009 (3).jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009 (3).jpg

I agree, best form of therapy there is. Thanks for posting.

Back