Stewart Warner gauge install project....

View attachment 195419 \

Gud Gawd! is that one dirty engine! My first priority would be Steam Clean, (or copious amounts of GUNK)

Nice to see someone spray painted over the crud! :wideyed:

Thank you, GBsPanHead for pic.

I added T fitting to my 1/8" threaded original oil idiot light switch. What was the other, larger hole used for? I have never seen anything on it. Thank you.

Cruddy Oil Sender Switch_LI.jpg

Thank you, GBsPanHead for pic.

I added T fitting to my 1/8" threaded original oil idiot light switch. What was the other, larger hole used for? I have never seen anything on it. Thank you.

View attachment 483312

That is another port into the oil gallery. You can connect your oil pressure gauge sender right there. No need for a T-fitting at the idiot light sender.

Hi,
Was there something there in the past? I pulled the plug off (Mine was a inner hex head , similar to the block drain plugs.) And the hole is larger. You would need an adapter for most of the accessories out there. Oil temp sender?
Thank you, Ripinator

Hi,
Was there something there in the past? I pulled the plug off (Mine was a inner hex head , similar to the block drain plugs.) And the hole is larger. You would need an adapter for most of the accessories out there. Oil temp sender?
Thank you, Ripinator

My engine is a '66 vintage 440. I removed subject the plug and directly installed the AutoMeter oil pressure sender (mechanical version) that came with my gauge. No adapter required. Works great.

Back