The Bronze Doll '67 300

St8lypace

Reaction score
Some of you may know that I won a BaT auction for a '67 300 in Turbine Bronze. After plenty of nail biting over buying an old car without having seen it in the flesh, and concern over potential shipping disasters, it arrived on Saturday. So far, it seems to be everything I had hoped. It isn't perfect, but not far from it. My next door neighbor is a car painter, and just kept saying how straight it is. The ten year old paint job, the chrome on the bumpers, and the interior are gorgeous. I've put about thirty miles on it and runs and drives beautifully. I am absolutely smitten.

I'm sure I'll have many questions for the members here and I'll share photos. Thanks for looking.
tempImagede56ko.png
tempImageFPGlbh.png
tempImage5bveF1.png
tempImage2VosE8.png

Looks like it has a nice new home. Congrats. If you're not already familiar with them, read up on the Bronze Doll's factory disc brakes, originally provided by the Budd company. Lots of info. here and on the online Imperial Club website (the Budd disc brakes were standard on Imps then). Hopefully you won't need to find any of those parts anytime soon, but a sizeable investment in terms of both $$ and time if/when you do.

Sorry not to have updated, but it seems spring has finally arrived for real in my part of the world and I have not been at the computer very much. I have indeed been over the moon about this car.

Since I last posted, I've gotten a NYS safety inspection and driven it about a hundred and thirty miles. It runs and drives beautifully. It gets tons of attention, and that TNT 440 gives a massive wallop of torque and burns a hefty quantity of premium while doing it. It's an absolute delight to glide down country roads in the early evening light.

Thanks largely to my prior research own this site, I'm well aware of the double edged sword with the Budd brakes. While they are a great system (and historically interesting), their rarity makes for the parts availability of hen's teeth. I may come to regret having them, but for now, everything seems to be working correctly, and the car is a dream to drive.

As for the history, I know some, and will try to piece together more. It seems to have been sold new in Vancouver, British Columbia and been owned by the same family who moved to Southern California but seem to have kept a place in western Canada. The owner was an antique car collector and apparently took very good care of it. It was refurbished in 2012 with a very nice paint job reupholstered front seats, new carpet etc... The owner died a couple of years ago, and the widow sold to the guy I bought it from.

Enough jibber jabber. I'll leave you with a few photos and take the wife for a little cruise.
tempImageG6ZaQZ.png
tempImagekHyrsd.png
tempImageG0DOqW.png
tempImage8Syg8y.png
tempImageN7QuaA.png

THANKS for the new photos, I can tell the car's stance is right where it should be. Is the NYS inspection hard to pass? Back in the day it was a mean feat in DC, but it has easied significantly over the years. Nice to know the Bronze Doll is in good hands. I wouldn't put the Budd brake parts in "hen's teeth" category, but they're not just sitting on a shelf, either, I'd say for now to just read up, look around, and when you see them (calipers, pads, rotors) in decent shape at a not-too-painful price, get them into your parts inventory for down the road. Interesting background, makes sense that it wasn't ordered with AC. You'll learn to love those cowl vents this summer, I know I do.

Back