The nerve of some peoplez kidz

BIGBARNEYCARS

Legendary Member
Reaction score
You guyz might remember a short time back the a white 1960 300F coupe that waz F/S up in the north west somewhere. Word iz bouncing around the 300 club that it waz purchased by a Swed and when the container waz opened the new owner discovered that someone had absconded with the chrome donut that waz in the deck lid of ALL the "300F"s that year. Deck lid there, chrome donut gone! There waz a drain tube to remove water retention from that deck lid to preventing rust 'n stuff from happening, read here it waz way special. Wonder how Hagerty or what ever insurance agency involved will deal with that one? Jer

The captain was in desperate need of a new toilet seat I guess.

I am terrified of buying something sight unseen. I know the Swede couldn't prevent this from happening... Not saying anything against the parties involved .... but when I get around to buying - and if I find one far away - I'd have to think very hard about how to get it home. No question I'd fly to see the car in person... Rent a truck/Trailer and haul it myself.... Something. Not sure I could trust a shipper. Any of you guys have first hand stories. Good/bad?

100_0260_resized.jpg

My '59 Imperial Coupe has the Flite Sweep deck lid and there is no drain tube. To the best of my knowledge there is no drain tube on any flite sweep deck lid car. With the angle of th truck water pools at the bottom of the "pie pan" and can form a ring from acid rain etc.

100_0260_resized.jpg

Back