Time for a small parts paint booth

HWYCRZR

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
After too many years of overspray and paint fumes, I finally built a small parts downdraft paint booth that will double as a sanding table for wood working.
I started with an extruded aluminum frame structure on rollers that I also use for my upholstery sewing machine.
I built a box with peg board on top and furnace filter below. Due to the channels in the side of the aluminum I was able to slide hardboard sides in to enclose the cabinet. I also got a 4" ventilation fan with a charcoal filter to get rid of some fumes. If I am sanding I can hook my dust collector to another port so I don't have to suck the dust through the charcoal filter. In retrospect I could have just used my dust collector hooked to the charcoal filter as the suction. But I do like the variable speed control of the exhaust fan.
IMG_5345.JPG
IMG_5302.JPG
IMG_5306.JPG
IMG_5307.JPG
IMG_5308.JPG

I never gave it much thought but that's a great idea, I hate overspray getting all over.

Sons graduation party coming up. Need a bar service table. So have to disassemble the paint booth for a couple of weeks.
IMG_5356.JPG
image.jpg

Back