Uncle Tony is not happy!

crv

Reaction score
Tony hit the nail on the head, this electric gimmicks Charger is aimed at not the brightest new car buyers:

I like the design, however engineering is just another nail in the death of Mopar. Stellantis is having issues with electric vehicles, so last month, Stellantis, Volkswagen and Renault formed an alliance to hopefully lower the prices.

Mopar - A very slow, painful death.

1998 - Merged with Daimler
2001 - Plymouth name dropped
2007 - Sold to Cerberus Capital. Some models production moved overseas.
2014 - Sold to Fiat. Chrysler Corp. ended but "Chrysler" name continued. More production moved overseas.
2021 - Merged with Peugeot.
2023 - Chrysler name ended. Stellantis formed. Some new Dodge/Jeep designs based on Fiats and French Peugeots.
2025 - Jeep and Dodge have plans to move more production outside the USA. If successful, only 3 Jeep models and 1 Dodge (Durango) will be made in USA.

I like the design, however engineering is just another nail in the death of Mopar. Stellantis is having issues with electric vehicles, so last month, Stellantis, Volkswagen and Renault formed an alliance to hopefully lower the prices.

Mopar - A very slow, painful death.

1998 - Merged with Daimler
2001 - Plymouth name dropped
2007 - Sold to Cerberus Capital. Some models production moved overseas.
2014 - Sold to Fiat. Chrysler Corp. ended but "Chrysler" name continued. More production moved overseas.
2021 - Merged with Peugeot.
2023 - Chrysler name ended. Stellantis formed. Some new Dodge/Jeep designs based on Fiats and French Peugeots.
2025 - Jeep and Dodge have plans to move more production outside the USA. If successful, only 3 Jeep models and 1 Dodge (Durango) will be made in USA.
Truly sad to hear. You can only bandaid a company so much until!!!! So TikTok Dodge, TikTok..

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of turbos, but the twin turbo 6 seems like a powerful engine. At least Dodge is trying. Depends on how they price it if it will be a success. I think the ICE one is a great. I'd buy one if I had the money. However, I don't think they'll sell many electric ones.

The nice thing about ICE musclecars is the most powerful ones aren't driven too much, so they can go into storage for 20 yrs and still run like brand new. Can't do that with electric. Batteries are always aging, whether used or not.

Tony hit the nail on the head, this electric gimmicks Charger is aimed at not the brightest new car buyers:

I remember years ago when Harley Davidson was struggling to survive, maybe still are, mentioned at the time (before covid), that this younger generation is not even interested in driving never mind in buying bikes. I have a hard time thinking this new generation would ever see this new Charger the same as we see the 69’ - 71’ Mopar products and it’s history. More interested in how Intel was faster than AMD. How exciting………….not.

I remember years ago when Harley Davidson was struggling to survive, maybe still are, mentioned at the time (before covid), that this younger generation is not even interested in driving never mind in buying bikes. I have a hard time thinking this new generation would ever see this new Charger the same as we see the 69’ - 71’ Mopar products and it’s history. More interested in how Intel was faster than AMD. How exciting………….not.
Yes, very few young ones interested in old cars, more gaming than anything else.

At least the twin turbo I-6 version is no slouch
The kind of six-pack I like:
1710414204830.png

1710414825042.png

Last edited:
That's a good looking body. I'll be waiting on totaled out ones to come rolling in the salvage yard. Will make a good looking race car.

Back