Vent wing motor removal

Reaction score
965B9FAC-6C51-4147-A551-297D4673CF2D.png

I try to remove the vent wing motor from the left front door (motor is stuck). In the shop manual I read that the motor shall be removed through the large acess hole. And theres my problem: the chanels/track for the window is in the way! How do I solve this?

Gustav

Hard to see in the pic, but it looks like you've already removed the motor from the bracket.

I'm trying to remember how I did mine... It seems to me that I loosened the lower track mount (the one that goes through the bottom of the door) and just pushed it out of the way. I know it didn't take much to get it out. That is an adjustable mount so you want to look at where it was so you put it back where it was.

Here's how I fixed mine if that helps... Power Vent Motor- Anyone ever take one apart??

If you have to change the gear, the Caddy replacements work very well, but the left is right and right is left.

Hard to see in the pic, but it looks like you've already removed the motor from the bracket.

I'm trying to remember how I did mine... It seems to me that I loosened the lower track mount (the one that goes through the bottom of the door) and just pushed it out of the way. I know it didn't take much to get it out. That is an adjustable mount so you want to look at where it was so you put it back where it was.

Here's how I fixed mine if that helps... Power Vent Motor- Anyone ever take one apart??

If you have to change the gear, the Caddy replacements work very well, but the left is right and right is left.
Thank You! That sounds like a god idea. They should have written that in the shop manual.

Both vent motors are stuck. I hear a click but nothings happen

I finally managed to get the motor out and the electric connector of. Not easy :(
I opened the gear assembly and gears looks as new. Even the grease was soft. Then I reassembled the unit and tested it. It woks as it should.

When I connect it to the wiring and use the switch on the armrest. Nothing happens, but I can hear a weak click. There must be something wrong with the switches. Both vent motors and the contacts on both sides work as bad as this. Regular power windows work as they should.

Is there a relay somewhere or just the armrest switches?

I finally managed to get the motor out and the electric connector of. Not easy :(
I opened the gear assembly and gears looks as new. Even the grease was soft. Then I reassembled the unit and tested it. It woks as it should.

When I connect it to the wiring and use the switch on the armrest. Nothing happens, but I can hear a weak click. There must be something wrong with the switches. Both vent motors and the contacts on both sides work as bad as this. Regular power windows work as they should.

Is there a relay somewhere or just the armrest switches?
No relay.

I'm pretty sure the power for the windows comes from the same source, so you should have power.

If you go through the factory service manual, you should see a diagnostic procedure for checking power to the switch.

The motor on the drivers side was a pain in the ***!

The easiest way to remove the motor is to remove the motor from the bracket, NOT remove the bracket from the door. If you remove the motor and bracket as a piece, it wont get out from the door.

The second mootor was stuck. I opened it and found that the rotor was stuck in the bottom bearing. When I managed to get it loose, the bronze bearing loosened and was stuck on the rotor shaft. I did get in loose and used wet sandpaper to get the bearing clean. After some trouble I finally got the bearing back and the motor spinnning. Now I have two electric vent windows that works :)

I need to remove the front door windows in order to install the belt stripping. Looks like that requires removing the wing vent motors in order to get the windows out of the door. Does that sound correct? The service manual is not clear. 1967 Crown HT

Back