Warning To All Zelle Users

traintech55

Reaction score
Zelle was attacked last night. They got in and wiped out my bank accounts. If you have used it to send money, you better check your bank account A.S.A.P.

Sorry boss .. hope you can get it back.

That is disquieting ... do you have a link to a public record/notice describing this hack? Not looking for you to publish details in your case -- just how widespread the hack was according to an authoritative source (local news, national newspaper, etc?

I have heard of zelle "spoofs" resulting in fraudelent transfers (fraudster tricks us to send them money with a scam email/text to us), or authorizations we make to fraudulent sellers (we sent money to somebody we wanted to do business with but they turned out to be crooks).

But I think in the absence of spoofs/fraudulent inducements like those two things, a hacker has to be IN the customers' bank account (i.e,, hack their bank account to impersonate the customer) to MAKE the transfer with Zelle.

If hacker didnt need to be IN your account to get Zelle, and/or but somehow then without your permission/or knowledge in advance made a fraudulent transfer to the hacker's account from your bank account... that's pretty bad .. puts us ALL at risk who have (even maybe havent) used Zelle.:(

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find that out. I am locked out of my bank accounts, and have been on hold for three hours. I did get a call from someone I sent money to in the past, and they got a deposit from me for what was taken. Can't straighten it out until I can get back into my bank.

Back