What is your daily driver?

My 88 D350

IMG_1357.jpg

My daily driver?

Since Nov 1999, my daily driver has been a Chrysler 300M.

The last car designed and built by what was, and soon after ceased to be, the real, authentic Chrysler Corporation.

This is one of my 5 Chrysler 300M's, the one that I've been driving this spring and summer, a 2001 model, with optional "Customer Preferred Package 26M" which included Luxury and Performance handling group for an extra $1000, and on top of that for an extra $390 it got side air bags. I'm the third owner of this car, and it came with all service records and original sales sheet, the list price with all options came in at $44,065 (CAN) which today is $32,500 US.

View attachment 617365
I have an ‘04 and love it!

I BOUGHT THIS IN 1978 REBILT IT IN WINTER OF 1979& RACED IT FROM 1980- TH REALY 1990'S IT HD A SMOG 400 IREBILT / MIND BUIL USEING SALL DC PSRTS INCLUDING THE HEMI STREET GRIND PURPLESHANT 471 INTAKE /474 EX. 68 DEGREE OVER LAP & A 289 DURATION A NICE AGGEREESIVE CAM IT RAN 16.5 SEC IN THE 1/4 WITH TURNNG A 115 MPR THROUGH TR TRAPS IN 2ND GEAR (IT HAD 2.71 SHURE GRIP IN THR RAR OF THIS 1973 DODGE POLARA &WEIGHED 4860 N THE TRACKS SCALES!

charles (2).jpg

Charles last race.jpg

I BOUGHT THIS IN 1978 REBILT IT IN WINTER OF 1979& RACED IT FROM 1980- TH REALY 1990'S IT HD A SMOG 400 IREBILT / MIND BUIL USEING SALL DC PSRTS INCLUDING THE HEMI STREET GRIND PURPLESHANT 471 INTAKE /474 EX. 68 DEGREE OVER LAP & A 289 DURATION A NICE AGGEREESIVE CAM IT RAN 16.5 SEC IN THE 1/4 WITH TURNNG A 115 MPR THROUGH TR TRAPS IN 2ND GEAR (IT HAD 2.71 SHURE GRIP IN THR RAR OF THIS 1973 DODGE POLARA &WEIGHED 4860 N THE TRACKS SCALES!

View attachment 617472

View attachment 617473
I DRIVETHIS EVWY DAY & DRVE I 8-12 HRS TO GET TO THE MMCI NATS ALL OVER THE MIDWEST & AFTER I PUT OT TO GETHERI NEVER PUT A WRENCH N TH MOTOR & DROVE EVERY DAY TO WORK & 2 TIMES TO ANN RBOR MI&MYLAND DRAG WAY . 1 TIME TO THE INDY 500 TRACK & SOOMANY TIMES TO NATIONAL TRAOLS RCEWAY IN COLUMBUS OH I HAVE LOSRT COUNT / BUT A U CAN TEL OF ALL THE CSRS&TRUCKS I HSVRE HAD CHARLES IS STILLMY LOVE EVEN THOUGH IYTS BEEN GONE TO THE BIG MOPAR SHOW&RACEWAY SOMRE 30+ YRS AGO

Last edited:
My 2014 VW Passat TDI SE with DSG dual-clutched automatic. Seen below on Day One of my ownership with 52K miles, back in Oct 2019. Today, it just rolled 94,500.. I get 45 mpg highway and 33 in town, so no complaints. I just put a battery in it last month. It's coming up on brakes and the timing belt replacement service very soon. Other than tires, battery, and the DSG service, it's been typical of any car I've had as a driver - just normal maintenance.

VW day one.jpg

Last edited:
Just got a new daily driver. A 2001 Ram single cab. Last year for the 2nd gen 1500. I’m a sucker for ‘90s to early 2000s trucks of all makes… Feel like it’s because that’s what was “new” when I was a little kid and always loved my cousins loud Silverados with their 5.3 V8s!

Has a 5.9 Magnum. Runs so good! Trying to chase down a AC gremlin it has. Otherwise a solid daily driver for me.

Side note: I hate hate hate the wheels and all the smoked lenses it has. Going back to factory as soon as money allows!

IMG_1910.jpeg

Just got a new daily driver. A 2001 Ram single cab. Last year for the 2nd gen 1500. I’m a sucker for ‘90s to early 2000s trucks of all makes… Feel like it’s because that’s what was “new” when I was a little kid and always loved my cousins loud Silverados with their 5.3 V8s!

Has a 5.9 Magnum. Runs so good! Trying to chase down a AC gremlin it has. Otherwise a solid daily driver for me.

Side note: I hate hate hate the wheels and all the smoked lenses it has. Going back to factory as soon as money allows!

View attachment 617884
I'm the same. To this day, my dream truck is a 98 RCSB GMC Z71, green with tan bottom. It was new when I was 18 and I've always wanted one. One day I'll find a good deal on one.

View attachment 617884
Leave it alone and put that money back into the 300 Yorker. :poke:

Last edited:

View attachment 617884
I too like the late 90s/early 2000s trucks and settled on F-250+ SuperDutys. I own 4. One will become parts, due to an accident, but the powertrain and other parts will be saved. I3 of them have the 7.3 turbo diesel and are 4wd. The other is a 5.4 Triton gas and 2wd.

View attachment 617884
Those are great trucks!

20230922_181804.jpg

Daily driver is this, here. '51 Pontiac.
Runs, steers, stops well enough for most modern traffic.
Drum brakes are better if they're set up right- had to stop on the interstate Sunday afternoon from 60. Managed it in about 3 car lengths- the limiting factor is the tires, not the brakes. The brakes will lock the wheels up no problem, it's trying to modulate the pedal to not get that to happen it's the fun part of stopping in a hurry..!
Does reasonable gas mileage, 9 city 16 highway. Power steering would be nice. As would aircon.
Can't have it all though, I guess. In my case if it's got wheels I'll drive it.

Phil

Daily drivers are a 12 dodge 1/2 ton ex Fastenal truck a 96 Dakota 318 club cab 4wd and my wife drives a 03 Durango. I've never owned anything but Mopar. I have had a couple of 4.0 inline powered jeeps.

2015 Audi Q7 diesel with 100k. It pulls my motorcycle trailer with ease and is comfortable. Weekend ride is a stripped 2001 Tundra long bed 6 cyl.

Back