Which starter for my 73 Fury?

HemiFury1973

Reaction score
Junk yard starter from any Magnum V8, or V6, truck, van or Jeep from I think around 94 to 2002..???? I have grabbed them from the wrecker for $25 and have never given me a minute of trouble. I've Run them on 318, 360, 383, 440.

I prefer the "mini-starter" from Magnum engines (V-6 or V-8), since 1/2 size & weight and less current draw. Fits all Mopar V-8 and slant from 1960 to ~2001. Also in Jeep Grand Cherokees, if those made it to Israel. You can buy new or rebuilt (forgot) for $45 on ebay from an LA place, though some say a used factory one is more reliable.

Still has a whine its just faster lol.
I don't...not even a little bit. ;)

Yeh, it is faster and the little thing spins the motor faster even on the hottest and coldest of days, but I'm used to hearing the old style starter. As a kid hearing that familiar sound in a sea of cars in a huge parking lot meant only one thing to me,lol. The downside to the standard model is that compared to the mini the damn thing weighs a ton. It is murder laying on your back trying to put one in, which I have done several times. Hated it.

Bought my 1st one at ah swap meet when they were "lunch box specials" back in '88 when they came ou and I've never looked back. If I wanna pump iron I'll go to the health club. Gawd! did I just say that??????????

I still love the looks of the original. When brawn meant something.
It looks right attached to that big ol 440.
That mini? Like a 12" Grant steering wheel. Does the job well but oh so wrong.

Next time we hook up Stan you have my permission to climb under any set of wheelz I show up with to see which one iz attached under there. And it'z O.K. if you wait 'til it coolz off ah bit

Sorry, my friend. If you think this belly of mine allows me to slide under there, I'm driving you to the nearest optomatrist.

Back