Will these fit???

CDN NEWPORT

Reaction score
I have a 1972 chrysler newport 2drht that is in need of lower quarters and a bit over the wheel wells. I came across these 73 4dr panels and am wanting to confirm that the LOWER contours of the panels are the same.

1973_Chrysler_4D_5d658a006ac45-scaled.jpg

newport.jpg

Last edited:
I'd hate to see that NOS 1/4 panel chopped into patch panels. It could also CAD scanned to be used to make reproductions. It could also be patterned by making a fibreglass mould off of it, that could be used by a metal man to make repro steel patch panels

In my recent experience with a 4-door to 2-door '70 300 panel, the lower contours and the wheel opening are the same. However, the 4-door had a different tapper towards the end of the panel and the marker light holes might not line up. That said, I would avoid cutting below the marker, if you do, that body line will not stay true. Also, the geometry of the body line in the dog leg area of the 4-door is slightly different and will require a bit of bondo to make it appear straight to continue to the door edge of the coupe. In other words, it is possible, but it will be a lot of work.

Back