Wollfen's 1973 Plymouth Fury III Sedan

I had the Diplomat's sister car - a 1978 Chrysler LeBaron. LOVED that car! I wouldn't hesitate a bit if I found one to add to my 'collection'.

Well I decided to start working on this car too while I'm working on two other cars (three actually, but who's counting right?) This car was owned by a little old lady that only drove it to church on Sundays (Okay the Sundays thing may be a bit of a stretch, but it really did belong to a little old lady.)
I got this car from Cbody Bob as part of our dealings and i originally helped with the pickup of it as the car was missing the disk brakes out of it and I supplied some B body drums and spindles to get it on four wheels to get it home.
Long story short it ended up at my place later and I replaced the drums with C body units and put another power booster and master cylinder in it too. All connected up now and just needing bleeding.
I threw a battery in it and gave it a kick, while it turned over there was no magic moment. Checked it, sure enough, no spark, story of my life if you have been following my other thread on Dales 69 300. I checked through the wiring and yeah, it doesn't look good. Well I'm guessing I will have to check every little bit and find the failed part. In the meantime, you all get to watch, stare and laugh as I curse and kick the thing to life in the coming weeks. Then I have to decide what I will do with it? Cop car clone? Taxi clone? (Very desirable I know)

View attachment 211264 View attachment 211265 View attachment 211266 View attachment 211267 View attachment 211268 View attachment 211269 View attachment 211270 View attachment 211271 View attachment 211272 View attachment 211273

Is that the washer fluid container with the scary hole, behind the battery?

Well I swapped out the ECU for the one that is in my GT, that didn't help, then I used a multimeter to check the ballast resistor, it is fine. I also checked the distributor on the multimeter, it checks out fine too. Then I tested the coil, it is good. I even checked all of the ignition wires as well. I have power at the positive side of the coil. But, no spark at the plug.
So, anyone have an electronic wiring harness that matches what i have in the car? It has to have a plug with a zip tie around the plug end to match, check the pic to see.

DSCF4096.jpg

Back