1.5 Roller Rocker

polara383500

Reaction score
Looking for roller rockers. Was wondering which one I could get without doing any grinding on stock iron heads? if changing them do you have to change the push rods to longer or shorter?

Isky , Crane, or chrysler iron ones work fine. But those aren't rollers.
Crane gold, mopar blue, work good, but not sure if they're available anymore.
Yes you need different pushrods because they have to be ball and cup, not ball/ ball.
You'll have to mock them up to measure with a length checker.
Generally a roller rocker will be of no benefit if you're under 500 lift with a hydraulic cam street motor.

Will these be "full roller" or just "roller tip"?

You can get them on ebay or from a really early engine before they changed them, I got some from an early engine that are adjustable but not roller and they fine and bolt right in and adjusted all to .010 thousands worth of sink into the lifter that was recommended, nothing else was changed or modified

Gotta ask - why roller? I have run them all. On the street for a mildish car I use Crane iron. My 69 GTX build has Harlan roller rockers but it makes 713 hp/707 torque and has mechanical roller cam so reliability ain't great anyway.

Gotta ask - why roller? I have run them all. On the street for a mildish car I use Crane iron. My 69 GTX build has Harlan roller rockers but it makes 713 hp/707 torque and has mechanical roller cam so reliability ain't great anyway.
Just looking for 1.5 rockers doesn’t have to be rollers

Factory stamped steel are designed to be 1.5 ,although some sources claim they may be a hair shy.
Are you looking for performance gain?
You won't find it here.
Just looking for a lil performance. Lol
Was thinking that and intake.

Factory stamped steel are designed to be 1.5 ,although some sources claim they may be a hair shy.
Are you looking for performance gain?
You won't find it here.
Adjustable rockers are a step up from stamped rockers in that you can get the lash correct. There is some (and I mean only some) gain from that.

Back