195 better than 180 in my Vehicle?

That makes sense, the longer the coolant stays in the radiator the cooler it will become, and, at the same time, the coolant which is spending more time in the engine is absorbing more heat from the engine. I'm sure there's some scientific formula to explain all this heat transfer stuff, but it's beyond me. I tend to mostly think in generalities.

Last edited:
So I had a runaway temp issue when I installed the AC. Thats why I have the cnc impellered flowkooler pump as well as now some high power mishimoto fans and a perfect fitting shroud.

My theory was, if the coolant circulates til 195 in the engine and then slowly lets coolant from the radiator circulate, I could set my fans to come on at 200 and have longer cooling in the radiator no?

Anyway, I think I dont even need to think about it now, its 80° outside and It ran 207 the hottest with AC running!!! Thats perfect. Will probably be 220 if the temps reach 100° here but thats rare now. The kicker was, I have one of those stsnt rad caps that have the lever. With the lever closed, the gasket barely made contact to seal the radiator so I had to modify the stants plastic lever to have the spring push down further to seal it. Would have never found that If I didnt squeeze the upper hose cold and heared the air... So check your parts and verify fitment!

Back