For Sale 1960 desoto fireflight 2 door hardtop - $7000

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Yep, perfect daily driver in the Bay Area traffic.

It was in pristine shape when he bought it?

1960 desoto fireflight 2 door hardtop

1960 desoto fireflight 2 door hardtop project. It is currently taken apart ready for restoration. It could be put back together and used a daily driver rather quickly as I have all the parts to make it a quality driver. The motor is a 361 with a push button transmission. It was rebuilt about 5000 miles ago. I have all the receipts for the motor work. The transmission was also gone through and rebuilt. The body is rust free and in good shape with the original paint on it. The front end is taken apart and sand blasted down for body work. The fenders have a little rust on the bottom as pictured but very minor. I have a complete rebuild kit for the front suspension. The brakes were all rebuilt. I have the front end chrome and it also has been redone. The interior is intact but the front seat is starting to fall about so it needs to be redone. The back glass is out but i have a replacement for it. I was going to redo everything and make it a real nice driver but I don't have the time and need to get it gone. I bought the car from the original owner and is was in pristine shape. Clean title in my name. 7000 firm call john for further info at 707 888 0336

00505_p6WXmSDKVQ_600x450.jpg

00L0L_j8JRZEsuoWK_600x450.jpg

00N0N_cPd8jdqEAz1_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_cIklNkqcxw6_600x450.jpg

00X0X_oMbmIcqeo2_600x450.jpg

In searching for sale ads Ive noticed a common theme. someone will buy a nice,decent running car and instead of enjoying it and leaving it be while they save up money to completely restore it or do whatever they have in mind,they will take the car to pieces so its useless and then run out of money/time/interest and then put it up for sale. I don't get it? it happens a lot though.

For someone looking to buy a car,buying one in pieces can be quite offputting. If you were not the one to take it apart you wouldn't know where all the nuts and bolts go or how the parts go together.

If I paid to have an engine fully rebuilt 5000 odd miles ago I would not expect rusty water to leak from the left rear core/frost plug. I do like the car thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back