WANTED 1964 Imperial/Chrysler Automatic headlight dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

64Imperial

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey I'm looking for an automatic headlight dimmer for a 1964 Imperial or similar years. Please let me know if you have one and the wiring harness that goes to it. Thank you!

I do not have PP.
FYI im very slow in pulling parts lately as I have a lot of life things happening at this time.
I will see what it takes remove and what is all with it.
If it's easy no problem. If it's difficult it may take me bit to get to it all.

Hey that's okay! I completely understand! Especially with the holidays coming up and oh how I know things are on an Imperial lol it's never simple or easy!

How would you like me to pay? I'm just excited to actually find one! I have a 1964 Imperial Crown Coupe that I've been restoring and It's a feature I've always wanted!

Thank you,
Brent

PM Sent.
To save me a little time,can anybody here tell me what's all involved with a electric eye removal?

I believe there are a couple nuts holding it to the top of the dash, which you have to get to from underneath.

There's also an amplifier which should be attached to the bottom rail of the dash, probably to the right of the steering column.
s-l1600.jpg

The dimmer switch is special for the auto dimming system, plus there may be a separate relay too. The relay was added in the mid-sixties, so '64 could go either way.
s-l1600.jpg

Jeff

The wiring harness from the eye plugs into the amplifier, so you need to find that first and pull the plug so that you can feed the wires up through the hole in the dash.

I think the power harness for the amplifier is separate from the main dash harness, and you can remove the entire system without cutting anything, but I could be wrong on this.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back